Did god move on?

Sorry but I won't waste the time to watch the vid, but if someone can post a synopsis I will gladly see if I can answer it.

In the creation vs evolution thing a friend told me that God created man. I said Really? Who/what created God? Then who/what created who/what that created God?

It becomes endless.

I, as a practical person, think that it started with a void, in other word, the universe and everything was created in it by the elements.

In the creation vs evolution thing a friend told me that God created man. I said Really? Who/what created God? Then who/what created who/what that created God?

It becomes endless.

I, as a practical person, think that it started with a void, in other word, the universe and everything was created in it by the elements.

I used to have a problem with that until I looked at it this way:

We are limited by time and space. Everything we know or can experience is finite. To try to grasp that with is not finite, the infinite, is beyond us. God is not limited by time or space as neither existed until it was made by God. Look at creation/existence as a diorama set up by the infinite with time and space only existing within the diorama.

At least that is how I get my mind wrapped around it.

As far as this world being in such sorry shape, that is easy to explain. God is a perfect gentleman who honors our choices, both personal and corporate. Man, both individually and as a species, chose/chooses sin, that which does not line up with God. This has consequences which translates to the sorry state of the world and its continued deterioration. God has not left but He is honoring our decisions.

As for the righteous suffering as bad or even worse than the unrighteous the bible gives the answer in that it rains on the just and the unjust. If someone develops cancer it is not due to sin in their life but rather the state of the world, the rain previously mentioned.

I hope that makes a little sense. I am not trying to convert anyone but rather to explain a little from this side of things.

That's a good explanation. I knew that time and space existed and we created the means of measuring them.

As to the Bible I have a hard time wrapping my head around it. It was said to be written by kings centuries ago and sounds more like story telling. The good thing though about God and the Bible is the faith instilled upon us. That's not a bad thing.

The Bible has over 40 different authors, not only kings but prophets, shepherds, doctors, soldiers, musicians, priests, fishermen. The best way to think of the Bible is that God put the words into the men and the men wrote them through themselves (personalities, perspectives, lives); God breathed it and they wrote it down.

Yeah, it's kind of difficult to believe it's the word of god written down by men when so much of it contradicts other parts of it.

Theoretically some of the contradictions don't exist, for example, I'm a Christian (Catholic), and we read from both the New and Old Testament. Technically any word in the New Testament overrules the Old, as the people had been mis-interpreting the Old Testament words. (Much as many radicals/extremists in any religion mis-interpret their holy books for their own purpose)

The main reason i don't believe in god is that i don't have religious parents.
The majority of people who believe in god is those who have been exposed to it as kids. Kids are easy to influence.

A few people without religions parents become religious later on in life, for various reasons. The reason that didn't happen to me is simply how flawed the hole book is.
It's packed with errors that does against science.
There are many versions of the same book. If god is all knowing and all powerful, this confusion would not have happened.
And the last reason is... drumroll please... There are about 4,200 religions world wide. Some way bigger than others, but the minor religions followers are just as convinced in their believes as the Christians are.

If god really loves me, i would arrive in heaven no matter what i believe. If not... then he is an asshole. This impossible test is kinda like winning the lottery. Pick a religion and good luck.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom