Malware threats on peer 2 peer

Gmcsierra

In Runtime
general info results

I was given a list of a lot of malware threats that could be on p2p do you believe that these are the majority of malware threats seen on p2p since it's by Microsoft or at least the most common ones? Thanks for the help guys

All of these are older threats, and one of them (I only read the first page..) is a fake that pretends to download limewire.

So was there anything that changed share folders around in 2008-2010 that's why I'm looking at threats that are older is cause that's when I used it. I didn't see much on Microsoft encyclopedia about changing configurations mainly just back doors

Changing the configuration is creating a back door. A back door is any way to get to your files (to put it in the most simple way possible), so a R.A.T is considered a type of back door.

To answer your question, yes there where a few floating around. People have found better attack methods these days, but in 2009 to 2010 there where a few programs that attempted to turn your file shairing program against you. Those where eliminated by the very people that created them, as they became less and less viable as an attack method.

If I am reading your posts correctly, then it looks like you are afraid that some of your files where stolen back then. Why worrie about that time?

That's when I used it. I mean yes I understand that back doors could give access to your files. I meant is there any malware then that maybe changed your share directory on the p2p network to make all you personal files that weren't supposed to be shared available to everybody on the network

That question has been answered, but I will answer it again.
Yes, it did exist and it did happen. But even the designers of the software (malware) pretty much gave up on their own projects as not being worth it.

Are you afraid that you are infected as of now? Have you found yourself in a position that you think that you may need help?

Do you know what the malware was called by chance. And no I haven't used that computer since then. But just read articles about that malware changing limewire save folder around. And made me wonder if it happened to me. Was it happening often? And what was the likely hood of it

People still use Limewire? Seriously? That's about as bad as still trying to use Kazaa.

Back
Top Bottom