•24X LG SATA DVD+/-RW w/Nero
•1GB Radeon HD Video DVI/VGA
•1Gbit Ethernet Adapter
•8-Channel HD Audio
•Corsair 200R Mid Tower
•430watt Corsair 80 PLUS Power Supply
•4 USB 2.0, 4 USB 3.0 Ports
•3 Year Parts and Labor Warranty
Will this setup be good enough for runni Photoshop and cinema 4d well? If not what are some modifications?

Have you ordered the computer/parts yet? If not, wait a sec.

Don't go with an APU if you are going to use a discreet graphics card. The APU may be listed as having a many cores but some if not most of them are for generating graphics and not processing. In other words, you are buying something you will not use and thereby wasting money.

If you are going with AMD then go with an AM3+ CPU and board. An FX-8320 or FX-8350 will give you eight cores of actual processing power. An Asrock AM3+ board would be a good choice. I am running an MSI AM3+ board with an 8320 and have no complaints.

Now if those are the specs for a prebuilt that uses onboard APU graphics then it will boil down to which APU/CPU it has in it. It would probably run both programs but you will now have awesome speeds or framerates.

Have you ordered the computer/parts yet? If not, wait a sec.

Don't go with an APU if you are going to use a discreet graphics card. The APU may be listed as having a many cores but some if not most of them are for generating graphics and not processing. In other words, you are buying something you will not use and thereby wasting money.

If you are going with AMD then go with an AM3+ CPU and board. An FX-8320 or FX-8350 will give you eight cores of actual processing power. An Asrock AM3+ board would be a good choice. I am running an MSI AM3+ board with an 8320 and have no complaints.

Now if those are the specs for a prebuilt that uses onboard APU graphics then it will boil down to which APU/CPU it has in it. It would probably run both programs but you will now have awesome speeds or framerates.
Wow thissite and people are really helpful although I am now thinking of mint my own although I am nervous I think I found a good rig?

PCPartPicker part list: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zM4wvK
Price breakdown by merchant: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/zM4wvK/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz Quad-Core Processor ($159.99 @ Micro Center)
Motherboard: Asus Z97-C ATX LGA1150 Motherboard ($129.99 @ NCIX US)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($46.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($51.00 @ Amazon)
Video Card: PNY GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB Enthusiast Edition Video Card ($139.74 @ SuperBiiz)
Case: Corsair SPEC-03 White ATX Mid Tower Case ($49.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: EVGA 500W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply ($24.99 @ NCIX US)
Total: $602.69
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2015-07-07 19:22 EDT-0400

Looks reasonable to me, but if you're working to a budget (assuming about $600), you'd be better off getting a cheaper i5 (maybe a 4460) and spending the extra money by putting it towards a slightly better graphics card (maybe a GTX960).

At the moment I'd say the build is more CPU oriented, if you're using it primarily for gaming a GTX960 would be a slightly better choice. However, it looks to be a solid build.

Do you already have a DVD drive?

Looks reasonable to me, but if you're working to a budget (assuming about $600), you'd be better off getting a cheaper i5 (maybe a 4460) and spending the extra money by putting it towards a slightly better graphics card (maybe a GTX960).

At the moment I'd say the build is more CPU oriented, if you're using it primarily for gaming a GTX960 would be a slightly better choice. However, it looks to be a solid build.

Do you already have a DVD drive?

No but I was planning to install windows with a sub drive also I was planning on using the pc for Photoshop and maybe video editing for YouTube nothing to heavy and gaming on the side so I can always upgrade the video card bbi want a good cpu

Depending on the video-editing program you use, you'll benefit from a more powerful graphics/video card far more than a better CPU. A video card is far more effective at rendering videos, and they will perform far faster than a CPU.

Again, depends on the program though, some don't support GPU rendering.

Back
Top Bottom