Random Chit Chat

Are those razorback fish? :rolleyes:

Actually a type of catfish, it's more or less the barbs in their fins that are so sharp, most any catfish will cut you up horribly if your not cautious, but some have sharper fins, some even have poison in the barbs.

Also, Razerback doesn't get the name from it's fins, they get it due to a sharp hump behind the head... Also illegal to have in a home aquarium in most areas.

Last edited:
Yeah, my new holsters came in! :dance:

This one is comfy. Can be worn in the waist or on the belt. The straps can be removed for ease.

This one is in anticipation of the new law that allow open carry effective in Jan 1 2016.

I'm getting ready to retire so we are going to renovate our house in order to sell it for top dollar. In order to do that, we need to move out. We have been looking to rent a house for the short term. We haven't rented since 1977 and didn't realize it was so difficult to rent nowadays.

We'd look at a house and decide we'd like to rent it but would be told that someone already submitted a rental application so we have to wait to see if that application is rejected and, if so, then we could submit an application. This past weekend we drove 120 miles to view a house and were the first to submit an application. I am well qualified with ample income, 12 years at present job, good credit score, etc.. but today was told that the owner chose to rent to someone else. For all I know it was because the owner is Chinese, the RE agent is Chinese so decided to rent to some Chinese (clear discrimination). The most likely reason though is that when I submitted the application, I asked about the lease and was told a 1 year lease. An hour after we left, the RE agent called and asked if I would sign a 2 year lease which I declined. My guess is that the owner decided, after we left, that he wanted a 2 year lease so rented to another person that agreed to a 2 year lease. We did find another house (a nicer one, in fact) but it will cost $70/month more to rent. I can afford that but, it rubs me the wrong way that these RE agents seem to bend the rules whenever it works for them.

I asked the RE agent for her broker's name & number which she refused to provide. I tracked her broker down and had a long talk with him over the phone. He said she is not supposed to be doing rentals on the side, his agency deals with buying/selling RE, not rentals/Property Management. He claimed she was in hot water for that and when I told him she refused to provide his name and number he said she was also in hot water over that. I doubt anything will come of it but I know an agent and an agency that will not be in consideration when I am in the market to buy a home in a few months.

I'm curious, why would you want to sell your house that you own to rent a house?

This defied all logics. When you own your own home you don't pay rent, just bills. Renting means paying rent and kissing the landlord's ass if you know what I mean. Also he can just up and sell his house putting you out on the streets.

I guess I didn't make it clear enough in my post. We are renting while our house is being renovated and sold. Once we sell our house then we will have the money to pay cash for another house so I can retire and have no rent or mortgage.

ah-so-sauce.jpg

Back
Top Bottom