Site Merger with Techist

I'm actually quite excited and looking forward to the merge, I love both communities so to see them together in one place will be brilliant.

I suspect we'll have one or two personality clashes too, is it bad to say I'm looking forward to seeing that too? lol!

I'm actually quite excited and looking forward to the merge, I love both communities so to see them together in one place will be brilliant.

I suspect we'll have one or two personality clashes too, is it bad to say I'm looking forward to seeing that too? lol!

Sometimes it is best to just sit back and let the sparks fly. Either they get things ironed out or they don't, just as long as it stays civil.

Hmm... Kinda wished Andy or one of the site leaders posted here the same news they posted at TF...

Here is a very brief update.

We found some issues in Webmaster Tools that we are addressing right now. Basically before merging the sites we want to make sure things are as clean as possible. So we'll need a few more weeks to make sure the changes are working properly.

We plan to update the skin to take the look and feel from both sites and merge them so everyone feels at home. We'll look at a full site refresh (look & feel) when we switch to a new platform later.

I know it seems slow but this is a lot of changes and we need to make sure we get everything right. New domain, merging two sites, then a new platform. Lots of change.
The future of Tech-Forums - Page 6 - Techist - Tech Forum

Here is a very brief update.

We found some issues in Webmaster Tools that we are addressing right now. Basically before merging the sites we want to make sure things are as clean as possible. So we'll need a few more weeks to make sure the changes are working properly.

We plan to update the skin to take the look and feel from both sites and merge them so everyone feels at home. We'll look at a full site refresh (look & feel) when we switch to a new platform later.

I know it seems slow but this is a lot of changes and we need to make sure we get everything right. New domain, merging two sites, then a new platform. Lots of change.

Cf is 3.8.8 beta 4
T is 3.8.3 beta 1
The mismatch could be a small part of the problem. BUT That brings up the question, why would any one in their right mind run a large sized forum on a beta version of the forum software? And then attempt to merge them?

Cf is 3.8.8 beta 4
T is 3.8.3 beta 1
The mismatch could be a small part of the problem. BUT That brings up the question, why would any one in their right mind run a large sized forum on a beta version of the forum software? And then attempt to merge them?

If you do some googling regarding the saga of vBulletin you will discover the reasons. The saga is long and sad. Here's a good primer: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBulletin

3.8 is a stable build and works. version 4.x was by all accounts a disaster and the jury is still out on vB5. vB 5 is a major code rewrite and has been plagued with problems. As with most things - it's better to let someone else be the guinea pig ;)

Back
Top Bottom