cmos battery

silverwing65

Baseband Member
Hi
I have an old Sumsung V25 laptop and the cmos battery has expired,
can anyone one tell me where to find it and how to access it, or where I can get a free download of the service manual

Thanks
Looking forward to replies

Pete

The battery is easy to find. It's one of those flat circular batteries.
It might have some kind of colored tape around it. here are some examples.

doo_photo_2.jpg

laptop_cmos_battery.preview.jpg

coin-cmos-battery-560x420.jpg

You access it by removing the back cover.
There 3 main ways laptops are designed for giving you access to the motherboard.
  1. If it's a good design, you can screw off some sections on the back. That should be enough for you to work on it.
  2. Taking off the hole back cover. Remove all the screws and slowly take off the cover by one of the corners and go along the sides. It will be held in place by plastic hocks.
  3. In some annoying cases (might be in your case, i have seen a couple of Samsung laptops have this) you actually have to take off the keyboard first. Below that you will see screws that loosens up the back cover. After that it's just like the second case (loosen the hocks slowly). Note: There might still be some screws on the back. Don't understand why some companies does this. What's the point of having screws under the keyboard then, :confused:

Last edited:
Hi
Thanks
I think that the one in this lapyop has been taken out so I need to know where it has to go

pete

You will have to find a 2pin connector on the motherboard.
And ether make or buy the example 1 of the above pictures

---------- Post added at 10:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 AM ----------

That is if you don't see any of these:
cmos_battery1.jpg

It could be wired in like this, in which case, it'll be a bit more awkward to replace! I've seen this on IBMs before, but the pic below is what I found when trying to find a picture of the motherboard for you!

SAMV25_CMOS.jpg

I finally caught up with the users manual. The manual itself is dated 6 Sept 2005.
I have to agree with Joe. Unless you're in to antiques, it's not worth fooling with.

It doesn't look like it's worth spending any money on it, if you can pick a piece up for maybe a fiver then it's worth doing.
Hi
Ok, its getting on a bit but I cannot afford to purchase another computer so I want to renew this ones cmos battery if I can find out where it goes on the mobo

Pete

Back
Top Bottom