Sony hi fi sound problem

Bigs32uk

Beta member
Sony saw lbt-xb80av sound problem

Hi i have a sony lbt-xb80av hi fi system and have no sound whatsoever coming out when i turn it on ...the lights on the front display light up and all of the cd player ...equalizer works and also dps button lights up and groove button etc they all work....except for the sound ......after removing the outercase to show the inside of the hi fi i come across 4 fuses that sit on a board and there are 2.. t4al fuses and 2 of t6.3al fuses....i have no idea what these do as obviously they are not for the display lighting cos i tested it without them in and everything still works except sound still......anybody got any idea as this was my late fathers stereo and now had took up to 11 odd years to bring it down from the loft to take a look at why the sound isnt working and i havent got a clue what it may be .......any help plz?would be really appreciated thanx.....

boss i am not that versed in audio electronics but i would say, fuses can be checked by looking at them through lite to c if there gone but if its packed away it could b capacitors or resisters gone get an enginear 2 look at it if its a good 1. they can then add that fee to the repairs
god be with u in jesus name

i now have the case open and took the fuses out of the board that i could see with 4 of them in i then replaced these with ones i bought but have now lost them lol on using the radio i dont even get any sound from that either which does make me think it is the capacitors or resistors gone.how much are we looking at repairing this problem if its just a capacitor or a resistor blown. cheers for your help many years before lol

It spent 11 summers and 11 winters in the attic. Time and environment has gotten to it. Might cost more to get it going again than your late father gave for it to start with.

It spent 11 summers and 11 winters in the attic. Time and environment has gotten to it. Might cost more to get it going again than your late father gave for it to start with.
In addition to the 11 summers and winters it spent in the attic, it's been an additional 4 years since then. I'm relatively sure it can be repaired but cannot even begin to guess what the repair cost might be. I suggest you take it to a shop and ask for an estimate.

First of all I have a loft that's converted into a room so wether 11 summers or winters Have gone by it is still in good condition.i have brushed and air compressed the tiny amount of dust on it and everything seems fine to me.on checking further into the hi fi it's obviously a resistor popped being as when it was used at a party the sound went dead straight away after a slight poppin sound.thanks for all the help and opinions.

;... on checking further into the hi fi it's obviously a resistor popped being as when it was used at a party the sound went dead straight away after a slight poppin sound.thanks for all the help and opinions.
Resistors don't normally pop so there is probably a transistor or other component that shorted.

Back
Top Bottom