P2p malware tiversa

Gmcsierra

In Runtime
I have made posts about tiversa allegations saying that malware can change your share folder and upload personal files into your share folder. I read in this article that tiversa would use these tactics to make people want to buy their security service. Could these allegations about this malware that changes folders be a part of this scam. Whistleblower claims firm hacks clients to extort them

There in that link does it mention anything about changing a share folder? In fact, the words "share" and "folder" are not mentioned at all in there. That said, Big companies are not interested in changing what content you illegally share on P2P - if the allegations are true that artical is talking more along the lines of a Target or Home Depot data breach.

Frankly man, you're coming off as paranoid. Overly worried about things happening using at best questionably legal software (who uses limeware for legal stuff?) and we've answered all of these questions before. Yes, malware change change or do pretty much anything the coder wants it to do assuming the coder has the talent and the knowledge. Back before they realized they could be used to get info or scam people out of money malware programers just simply liked to destroy and cause chaos. For example in the late 90's when anti-virsues were just really coming into power Chernobyl hit the net. Imagine a virus that blows away your BIOS making your computer unbootable.

We've answered this same question too many times for me to count so why keep re-asking? Our answer will not change the next time you ask

I'm not saying it isn't possible I was just saying since tiversa seems to be the only articles warning everyone of malware on p2p changing folders that maybe they were doing this as a scare tactic for their security service? Didn't know if that's why they kept advertising that on every article about p2p

Where in the articles though does it say that? Like I mentioned above your article doesn't mention the word "folder" or "share", and the only mention of "change" is a link to the previous post. You're trying to take an orange with that article and say it's the same as an apple because they both grow on trees. But they are not the same. Corporate hacking and then black mail which that article claims is drastically different than the kinds of hacks that would be used against you or I with drastically different goals.

Again assuming that article is true, the claims are not that they are changing anything but rather TAKING information.

No i agree it doesn't say the same. I just wondering since they are capable of doing that could they be lying how common thins malware is on p2p programs just to get attention to their security service from individuals as well

You are trying to twist around a story about extortion by hacking files on CORPORATE SYSTEMS. They would hack their way in and nab a file. When they confronted the victim with repair for hire and the victim didn't play ball, they went to the Federal Trade Commission to make trouble for the victim. This was another attempt to get the victim to play ball with them for MONEY.

They didn't use malware. They did good old fashion HACKING.

They are shameless thugs and criminals. They have no honor. They are out simply for MONEY.

But what you missed or choose not to see is they have gone after Corporations not the average, every day Joe and Jane. You choose to try and twist everything you come across to suite your same idiotic question. And as you see here this was enough to get me to stop in after I said I was leaving this place to try to reason with you. But obviously that is a lost cause.

For the last time. Yes P2P is inherently dangerous. But you have absolutely nothing of interest for a hacker to bother with. You are relatively safe. With emphasis on the term, "relatively safe". If it doesn't feel right, don't do it.

You are a troll.

I do not think that the OP's intention is to troll, or to figure out work arounds but points have been made.

@theOP,
It goes without saying that you lack understanding in how malware works. Nobody is going to change your share folder locations, as they would have nothing to do from that point. To design a program that goes that far would be useless as P2P programs only share what you want them to. Just because the target is your entire HD for example, doesnt mean that the program will just start handing that out. So, a program that changes the location would be a waste of time. Not to mention how little interest anyone would have in your personal files.

Let me put it this way. It would be so much more simple to create a program that grabs your browser cookies and gives them to me then to rely on random files. If I where creating that software, I would have a goal in mind.

That being said, please stop worrying about this. If you believe that you are infected, you know where to go.

-Draygoes

Thanks. That is what I was originally thinking is why would anyone or malware want to change your folder. That is what tiversa keeps saying and I just didnt know how it would be worth it when the hacker could get whatever he wants why they would hand it out to everyone. tiversa has just made many articles saying by that personal files get out by the user inadvertently sharing them or malware changing folders around. So I was wondering why tiversa keeps making these assumptions

I do not think that the OP's intention is to troll, or to figure out work arounds but points have been made.

@theOP,
It goes without saying that you lack understanding in how malware works. Nobody is going to change your share folder locations, as they would have nothing to do from that point. To design a program that goes that far would be useless as P2P programs only share what you want them to. Just because the target is your entire HD for example, doesnt mean that the program will just start handing that out. So, a program that changes the location would be a waste of time. Not to mention how little interest anyone would have in your personal files.

Let me put it this way. It would be so much more simple to create a program that grabs your browser cookies and gives them to me then to rely on random files. If I where creating that software, I would have a goal in mind.

That being said, please stop worrying about this. If you believe that you are infected, you know where to go.

-Draygoes

Back
Top Bottom