Will you upgrade to Win 10?

Will you upgrade to Win 10?

• Total voters
For me yes I will be upgrading to Windows 10. I've used previous versions of the preview but haven't used the latest versions but in my opinion its what Windows 8 should have been. Plus why not its free and Microsoft offering an free upgrade to their latest OS isn't something you'll always get.

Last edited:
For me yes I will be upgrading to Windows 10. I've used previous versions of the preview but haven't used the latest versions but in my opinion its what Windows 8 should have been. Plus why not its free and Microsoft offering an free upgrade to their latest OS isn't something you'll always get.

You, seriously, don't think that Microsoft would not be doing this without some ulterior motive to make more money or to control what you use as an OS. Cynical I may be and I have no idea what Microsoft's ulterior motive could be but it's there somewhere in the small print, mark my words.

You, seriously, don't think that Microsoft would not be doing this without some ulterior motive to make more money or to control what you use as an OS. Cynical I may be and I have no idea what Microsoft's ulterior motive could be but it's there somewhere in the small print, mark my words.

It's clear what Microsoft's motive is.

The free upgrade will push people onto an Operating System with far superior cloud integration, which Microsoft is really pushing hard at the moment. This gives them additional market share and gives them a chance to compete against the likes of Amazon. Some cloud storage is provided for free, but as an option you can pay for extra. As OneDrive will integrate better with Windows, OneDrive will become the preferred cloud storage solution.

Windows 10 also unifies the mobile and desktop operating systems a bit more, sharing the App Store between the two, encouraging people to write more apps, in term increasing the mobile platform's popularity.

I am all for Windows 10, I downloaded the latest build ISO, upgraded and gave it a quick test drive and had a go of Spartan and its an alright browser.

Sounds like you are paranoid about privacy and tracking..

Poll answer = no.

Next question; How do I get the !@#$% icon out of my system tray w/o disabling all further notices that use the same code?

This was pretty much my reaction exactly!

Sounds like you are paranoid about privacy and tracking..

Well I don't have anything to hide, if that was your implication, but I do covet my privacy and we don't have an awful lot of that these days. Microsoft, Google and governments are eroding our anonymity bit by bit day by day. I think we should all be a bit paranoid about that.

Well I don't have anything to hide, if that was your implication, but I do covet my privacy and we don't have an awful lot of that these days. Microsoft, Google and governments are eroding our anonymity bit by bit day by day. I think we should all be a bit paranoid about that.

Not really a problem if you're not doing anything illegal :thumb:

I am running Win10 in a VM using VMWare Workstation and it was running really sluggish but once I installed VMWare Tools it runs really good.

Not really a problem if you're not doing anything illegal :thumb:

Well I think I actually said that but if you feel the need to reiterate it then be my guest. This is now taking this thread off topic so this is the last I will say on the subject. Of course it is a massive massive problem. We are allowing governments and government agencies to walk all over us. Our privacies are being eroded at every avenue. If it was only happening to combat terrorism, something that isn't being done very well at all either here in the Uk or over the pond, and other crimes then that would be acceptable but it isn't. Governments want to know everything about you down to the minutest detail. Civil Liberties and democracy, don't make me laugh, there is no such thing either here or in the states. We are tied down with various forms of surveillance and are just as much governed by fear as any other country.

If being watched by the government every second is a deciding factor in taking terrorist off the streets, and protecting me as an individual, then that's a price I'm willing to pay.

Back
Top Bottom