Unmountable boot volume is destroying me!

emperor76

In Runtime
Hi all, I have an old Samsung laptop, I was going to connect to the tv in my bedroom, a while ago I had to oven bake the motherboard to get the display working again, I believe I may have had help on here, but not sure.

This laptop is still working (sort of), I have a feeling the hard drive might be knackered, but not sure.

I have been through three hard drives trying to install Windows 7 to no avail, I decided to install xp thinking the full format function which seems to be lacking in Windows 7 might be of help, xp installed, then tried installing seven again and it worked.

It was working fine last night, this morning, turned it on and fine, installed a couple of updates, restarted as requested by the computer, when it restarted, got un-mountable boot volume BSOD.

Try as I might I can't get it working again, could it be something to do with the updates that I installed or the drive? thanks

Looks like a hard drive issue to me.

You said: "I have been through three hard drives trying to install Windows 7 to no avail."

Does the above comment mean you have already tried to install Windows 7 3 times on 3 different hard drives (on the same laptop)?

Looks like a hard drive issue to me.

You said: "I have been through three hard drives trying to install Windows 7 to no avail."

Does the above comment mean you have already tried to install Windows 7 3 times on 3 different hard drives (on the same laptop)?

Thanks for the reply, I have tried to install windows 7 on three different drives on the same laptop, the hard drives are all one's out of my computer graveyard, I was hoping a one in three chance of finding a working drive would pay off, I don't want to buy one if I can help it considering the dodgy repair I had to perform which isn't exactly reliable, and when the motherboard was damaged, the usb ports were completely broken, it's not in a condition where I can see any point in throwing money at it, especially when I have a perfectly good laptop and desktop, it would have been nice to leave under the bedroom tv permanently though, it did seem to work quite well until the updates though

I don't know, that laptop sounds kinda toasted.

You do have a valid point, it was actually given to me, I think the problems started when it was dropped and the wireless usb adapter for the keyboard hit something on the way down, I thin the shock from this damaged other parts of the board, the video went down along with the usb's, ah well, I'll give it one more go at some point and call it a day, I'm thinking of getting a fairly small case and putting the components from my computer in it as I upgrade and put that next to the tv, but this will be some time, but it will give me the opportunity to make the switch to Intel for the first time since my p 166 and p 433, although my laptop has an i3

Back
Top Bottom