Information about mothers funeral, and a wonderful pic...

Draygoes

Fully Optimized
Let me start by saying that even though it might sound strange, its actually a bit of a relief that the harder parts are over.
The funeral went perfectly, we had a beautiful and very moving number of speeches, songs, and a great turnout. In fact, the turnout was far larger than I was expecting. Family from all over the U.S. showed up, even some people that I have not seen in many years.

I received the great honor of being able to take care of my mothers ashes. The box was modified by hand to be turned into something that she would have liked to be put in.

That is a chapter in life now closed, and a new one opened, while other chapters continue. It has been tough, but its going to be.
As I stated once before, several members here gave me some of the best advice I have gotten before or sense. One member (you know who you are) even helped me sniff out the phone number to the church so that I would be able to attend, as a lot of things went wrong at the last second.
I will always be grateful to this wonderful community that make this place work, so I say again... Thank you.

Here is a picture of that beautiful box. I am sorry about the bad angle, but I only had one light source at the time, and this made taking the pic from any other angle impossible.

ehdrtu.jpg

May god rest her wonderful soul, and may she be forever in peace and without pain. She was/is a wonderful mother, a loving sister to her family, and an all around kind and loving person. She will forever be in my thoughts.

P.s. This was not posted to upset anyone, this was posted to let those whom are interested in on the final chapter of the entire thing.

Last edited:
Cool box. May she rest in peace. glad things went ok for you.

When my mother had her heart failure she was on the machine. I told the doctor to pull the plug as she suffered enough. Later at home I saw her in the hallway and she was smiling. I guess she's telling me she's at peace and I felt better about my decision.

Last edited:
Cool box. May she rest in peace. glad things went ok for you.

When my mother had her heart failure she was on the machine. I told the doctor to pull the plug as she suffered enough. Later at home I saw her in the hallway and she was smiling. I guess she's telling me she's at peace and I felt better about my decision.
I am sorry for your mothers pain, but at least you know that she is free, and you are at peace.
May I ask how old you where when you lost her? Feel free not to answer if that question is too personal.

Back
Top Bottom