Post your rigs here.

^I build an AMD Phenom II rig in about 2011, within about 6 months it felt obsolete in relation to the new stuff. In late 2012 after Sandy bridge had it's issue fixed all the prices went back up, but it was worth the dough. 2015 and still doing alright!

I feel that if I build a new rig now, It'll be another 6 months down the line and it'll feel obsolete again. I'm going to wait until the pipeline stuff is well established and DDR4 is more widely adopted

I think it's the SSD's.

RAM needs fast data reading capabilities around it to work efficiently and even DDR2 is much faster than SSD's.

I think so!

Haven't posted a picture of my setup here yet. So here it is.
Sorry for the bad quality. My phone is being repaired and i have borrowed an iPhone 5c.... which sucks.

capture

Yeah I am surprised that DDR4 isn't being widely adopted yet and that manufacturers are still going with DDR3..

I think so far the only chipset on the market that supports it is X99, which is only compatible with Haswell-E, of which the cheapest CPU is something like £420, and the 5960X (top end) is like what, £850ish?!

I imagine when Skylake hits, and on the red team AMD Zen, we'll see DDR4 support across the board. I've also heard that we might/should be seeing mobos supporting DDR4 on one side of the CPU and DDR3 on the other (not at the same time of course!) since DDR4 is still crazy expensive compared to DDR3.

In theory we should start seeing a shift towards DDR4 soon, and in turn DDR3 will become an expensive legacy item similar to how DDR2 went.

Also biker, loving the switchblade and funky pocket knife on the side there. Expecting some unwelcome company? :p

Last edited:
Here's my rig. It pulls double duty as the media server for the family as well as my personal rig/gaming machine.

Antec 300 Illusion case
Antec EarthWatts EA650 650W PSU
EVGA GTX 760 2GB graphics card
AMD FX 8320 x8 Black Edition CPU
Gelid Tranquillo CPU cooler
MSI 970A-G43 mobo
Sandisk Ultra Plus 128GB (OS drive)
Samsung 840 120GB (Games drive)
WD Black 750GB (Programs drive)
WD Green 1TB (Download drive)
WD Red 3TB (Media drive)
G.SKILL Ripjaws 2x2GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Crucial Ballistix Tracer 2x2GB DDR3 1600 RAM
Asus DVD burner
Rosewill 2-Port USB 3.0 4-Port USB 2.0 Hub eSATA Multi-In-1 Internal Card Reader with USB 3.0 Connector
Win7 Ult 64-bit
Func MS3 Mouse
Mionix Propus 360 mousing surface
CM Storm QuickFire Rapid Mech Keyboard
2x Hanns-G 25" LCD monitors
Koss SB/49 headset

No decent pics but here's what the case looks like:

CDN-ANT-300ILLUSION.jpg

Very clean cable management Seti.

I have updated my system a bit.
Added a second GTX 770 in SLI.
Changed the PSU cables with red individually sleeved cables.
Change lighting to white instead of red. (i might re-arranger the position of the LED stripe to better light up the second Graphic card)

how to screenshot on windows 7

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom