How do i upgrade the graphic card on my Pc?

jessbelow

Beta member
Hi, Anyone know how to upgrade the graphic card on my computer? I would like to increased the performance without buying a new computer, but replacing the hardware inside it. Which hardware can i replace to improve performance? Also which graphic card should i buy that can fit and improve my computer? My computer is an IQ504 Hp TouchSmart Window 8.1, i use it for all but mostly for gaming and i get 5-20 fps, i can't buy a new computer but willing to spend on new hardware that can help.

This is my system information:

Page missing

Thanks in Advanced.

This is not your model but it's going to show you what you're going to run in to. Adding or Replacing an MXM Graphics Card in HP Omni 27-1000 Series Desktop PCs | HP®*Support

The only other vid card that works with that system is crap too so IMHO it's not worth the risk of damaging your system taking it apart nor the money.
That system came over on the Mayflower. I think Moses may have had one.
It's not a gaming machine.

Oh I guess my only option is buy a new computer, Are there computer that give better and higher gaming performance than my current computer and will only cost $500 or below, because i don't wanna buy another this all in one Pc , I bought it for $1,000+ because its was new then i get a lot of problem and slow performance and worst for gaming. I need advice please what cheap good computer i can buy for gaming,working, surfing, and won't lagg when a lot of program are open because my current computer i can only open 1-3 program then i lagg. Even my browser are slows, and games are 5-10 fps because it's a old computer 6 years+

After seeing the specs of your PC I can see why it's pathetic. That system was at its bare minimum.

Building a gaming computer for $500 is cutting it too close as you will still need a monitor and maybe a keyboard & mouse. Also a sound system.

I have an i3-2105 system I built that's, according to Passmark, 3-4x faster than yours but I don't know how good a gaming machine it can be. I used it for a few months while building my i5 system which I'm using now.

See what you can get for $500 as you'll probably find a better system. If not talk to me.

After seeing the specs of your PC I can see why it's pathetic. That system was at its bare minimum.

Building a gaming computer for $500 is cutting it too close as you will still need a monitor and maybe a keyboard & mouse. Also a sound system.

I have an i3-2105 system I built that's, according to Passmark, 3-4x faster than yours but I don't know how good a gaming machine it can be. I used it for a few months while building my i5 system which I'm using now.

See what you can get for $500 as you'll probably find a better system. If not talk to me.

Oh thanks so much for the advice, I have a Logitech mouse and keyboard that will work on most of the computer, So i guess i can check off the list. Also my Window 8.1 License key and disc are still working properly. Also i love your 3-4x faster Pc, That been my dream to have a faster Pc, but i was eligible to use this All in one touchsmart computer that i found that was a laptop alike for 6 years.. Now I just found out about building a computer, but i'm scared that it might cost a lot than buying a new computer, and my only budget right now is $500 or maybe 600, but still unsure about what to build or which option is better. Although you have help me a lot already by the awesome info's you giving. Ty.

Well, I have a 15" LCD monitor with it but it's VGA. Got a keyboard and mouse as well but well used and dirty. I'm not asking $500 but I didn't set the price as this is not a sale forum. As I said I used it for a few months while building my i5 so there's plenty of life left in it. The only thing that's used is the WD Green 500 gig drive I took out of my older system. Also it has Vista 32 Retail OS on it also from my older system.

If you're interested let me know and I'll give you more details. :)

This is what I started with. Later I upgraded to an i3-2105 and added the Sapphire HD6670 video card & 24x DVD-RW.

Last edited:
Hi, I found this after researching on how to build a computer, AMD A8-7600, BitFenix Neos White - System Build - PCPartPicker Its only cost $300, Will it be able to run games at 60 fps or 50 fps above? Also is this the complete built, is there anything else i'm missing or need to buy and add? Is this the best choice for cheap fast gaming computer? I'm still unsure how does building computer works, and if its will works.

Back
Top Bottom