Things are turning around for me :)

NikonGuy

In Runtime
I'm not boasting, just glad that things are starting to turn sides for me, and feel like sharing. The job ive been working at as cook, has terrible hours, 3 days a week I don't even work, pretty lame and bad work environment. This is changing now, as yesterday I dropped off an application I filled out last week at a different restaurant. I walked in, handed the owners wife my application. She said wait right here, so I did. 60 seconds later comes out of the office and says " you're hired "! This morning I get a text from my brother. This last monday I dropped an application at a big CNC machine shop/company where my brother works. From what I'm being told I will get the job, but not only that, I will be taking over the position of one of the main 3d auto cad programmers. That's when you design the parts that the CNC machine is supposed to make. Awesome! :D

That's great news. Do you have previous experience with CNC machines and Auto CAD or will you be getting trained in those things?

Thanks guys :)

@ Strollin

I've never worked with CNC machines, so they will be training me in that, however I have been doing graphics design for a couple years and some 3d modeling with photoshop, so I have some experience already and pick up really fast on that type of thing. I believe that's why they want me, because they need someone good in that area. :)

Way cool bro :D

Life is getting better, right? Got it?
:D

Off-topic:
Why do the words hire and fire have a so very small difference only? Hmmm...

Thanks guys :)

@ Strollin

I've never worked with CNC machines, so they will be training me in that, however I have been doing graphics design for a couple years and some 3d modeling with photoshop, so I have some experience already and pick up really fast on that type of thing. I believe that's why they want me, because they need someone good in that area. :)

I'd recommend getting some experience in using Autocad. or at least a real 3d part creating program. - I'm not really sure what you're doing in photoshop, (there is a difference between making a 3d looking picture and a measured 3d part!

Autocad can be pretty hard to come by, though I think that they have some free (and limited) versions out there.

you could also try looking at wildfire/pro-engineer/Creo Elements (al the same software just re branded loads of times!) to start getting some experience of 3d CAD software

Back
Top Bottom