How did you come up with your username?

Draygoes

Fully Optimized
First, I am sorry if this has been asked before. If it was, then it was before I joined.

Ok, so I am curious about usernames. Some are obvious, but others are not. So, how did you decide yours? Do you use it everywhere you go, most places, or just here?

For me, I was 8(ish) when I first got an email account. Draygoes sounded cool to me. I cannot remember how I thought of it. It became my gamer handle, and a complete identity for me online.
I use that name on any site that I care to be found at. If there is a site that I am going to that I do not wish to be found, I will use another, far less creative one.

Your turn. :angel:

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I believe I actually do remember how I thought of the name. I was a good little nerd with a huge love of all things fantasy. As such, I had (and still have) a huge love of all things dragon, and Harry Potter. One of the characters in HP is Draco, and the word Dragon was pretty much taken in all forms on yahoo (my first email address. I still have it, but I dont use it.) I had to get a bit creative twisting characters together until I came up with Draygoes. As such, I have yet to visit any site where anyone has taken that name. I keep it because I want to be easy to find should any friends lose contact with me. This has happened a few times in the past, and all one has to do is search Draygoes on Google to find out where I frequent. Visit enough of those sites, and you will find several that I am fairly active on.

Ok, anyway enough of my rambling LOL
As I said before, your turn. :)

Last edited:
When I first got on the internet in about 1991 or so, the internet was constantly being referred to as the "Information Super Highway". I figured I was strolling down the highway so wanted strolling as my handle but back then you were only allowed 8 characters so had to shorten it to strollin. Been using that same handle ever since.

Mine was because when I joined here I was using my Celeron system and instead of the name Celeron I made it Celery.

No significance at all, I suspect I added it once when I registered on a gaming community and joedaman was already taken, so it added 633 as a suggestion!

I often use jollyjoe321 too, the 321 was added as the email address jollyjoe@hotmail.co.uk was already taken!

On motorbike forums I tend to use cb600fshornet (model of motorcycle)

Back
Top Bottom