Will Windows 10 be the last version of Windows?!

cb600fshornet

Fully Optimized
Sorry for posting this here, but apparently I haven't got the correct permissions to post to the "Articles" section of the forum!

I was surfing the web for technology news, and came across this article!
Is Windows 10 the 'last version' of Windows? It doesn't matter - CNET

It looks like Windows are trying to get everyone to be on some sort of universal platform, and rather than holding back large updates to an OS for each version (like going from Vista to 7 etc), it looks like the updates will be ongoing and incremental, similar to how Apple seems to work their OS updates model!

What do you think? Good move by Microsoft? Or do you think we'll have Windows 11 before we know it? :D

I have heard that aswell. It's a great idea.
That's kinda what most Linux distros are doing. Free updates without the need to boot up a upgrade disk or image. I think it's a good move by Microsoft.

Yeah I've this aswell, I was shocked to hear it and its going to be interesting to see how it plays out. I think Microsoft should have always sent updates out all the time not just on "Patch Tuesday".

I suppose they generate enough income from other areas to make it viable for them to stop making (and selling for a premium) new versions of Windows.

Windows 10... then 10.1, 10.2... sounds pretty familiar if you're somebody who uses Apple or Linux-based OSes

It does. Other than Apple takes money for their Mac OS X v10.X update.
Calling it leopard and what not. I have a feeling that Microsoft is gonna do something similar.

Last edited:
The question now is, how much money do they stand to lose from not charging for new versions? Probably not a large amount, but it is still worth asking as companies do not seem to enjoy losing even the smallest amount of money.

Back
Top Bottom