Random Chit Chat

Its weird how I get a lower ping when selecting a server in another state but higher ping when using a server in my capital city which isn't very far away from where I live.

4340797909.png

4340801531.png

I'm building a new quad. Going bigger this time with a 650mm frame. The landing gear fold up with a flick of the switch on the transmitter so they're not in the movies being shot. Yea!
The props will be 13 inches tip to tip so plenty of lift to get all the extra goodies off the ground and for a real smooth flight. The new version of the speed controller has a data port so not only can you upgrade the firmware, you can monitor the status of the ESC.
They have to be programmed as to what motor and prop you're using. That's made simple by some very user friendly software. They even include the programming adaptor.

I picked up a couple of box style cameras for the FPV part of it. They use a CS type lens that gives more light to the imager chip. I got several different lenses for them. Amazingly the cam itself is almost a 2 inch cube. The lenses are bigger than the cam. The downside to it is its got some weight to it. 130 grams. While the heaviest lens is only 78 grams. That's ok, this baby will lift 6 pounds.

Well it's like Christmas all over again. New frame. New motor kit. New Fuji pocket cam. New FPV cameras. New lenses. And a kinda new refurbished little bity computer for the office. A dump truck load of cable straps and a shiny new SDHX chip for the Fuji cam. And the whole kit and caboodle was around 500 dollars. Didn't break the bank this time.

I'll post a link to the build thread when I get started on it later today.

Just got a nerdorgasm. Don't know if you guys know about the youtube channel linus tech tips. He just got a test sample of the new Intel Xeon E5 2699 v3 CPU. It's 18 cores and 36 threads. He overclocked it 3% (Xeons don't like overclocking) and ran Cinebench 15R.
It completed it mind blowingly fast. It starts at the 12 minute mark. But the hole video is interesting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt62JyJo1iU

Its hard turning 7 years old. This is Neika who is a Maltese cross Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. She is a very lazy ole grandma and all she is does is sleep but she is loved and spoiled rotten.

Drk4BQj.jpg

And in this picture below are our chickens from left to right Agnes & Winnie who are very good escape artists, Infact the first day we had them Winnie got on their house flew over the fence but hasn't done since.
10526075_10204317318595167_529886130607877425_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom