Sound card: Device cannot start

Vacuumfan7072

In Runtime
After a long ban I'm finally back and I'm a lot more knowledgeable about this stuff lmao. Looking back at some of my old posts I was such an idiot.
Anyways, I'm here because I'm trying to fix this laptop. I've installed the audio drivers and in the Device Manager, it says "This device cannot start. (Code 10)"
I am running Windows XP currently. I had a similar problem while using windows 7 (but it simply said there was an error installing the drivers)
Screenshots here

Can it be a hardware problem? I noticed the flags on the ethernet devices as well as the sound device. Perhaps a conflict?

Does the board have jumpers and if so in the correct configs?

Can it be a hardware problem? I noticed the flags on the ethernet devices as well as the sound device. Perhaps a conflict?

Does the board have jumpers and if so in the correct configs?

I'm using a laptop PC, so I doubt there are any jumpers.
Also, those have no drivers installed yet. The sound card does, but it has a problem.

Thanks. I can't find the pics big enough to look for jumpers.

I was thinking that maybe someone dropped it and caused the jumpers to fall out but we won't know that until you open it up.

Thanks. I can't find the pics big enough to look for jumpers.

I was thinking that maybe someone dropped it and caused the jumpers to fall out but we won't know that until you open it up.

It doesn't look like the computer was ever dropped. There is a small chunk of plastic missing out of one of the corners but that doesn't look like the result of it being dropped. The computer is in a good condition.

This is a pretty generic error unfortunately... my best suggestion is that you uninstall the audio drivers and try a different download, making sure that they are the correct ones.

Do you know for sure that the audio device was working before the reinstall?

Back
Top Bottom