Big time conspiracy?

Ok,

to put it quite simply.

the most simple way that we can check, for anything transmitting any data is to actively analyse the netowkr traffic that it's sending.

we'll assume that, (for the purposes if it A, many eyes argument, and B, I suspect given all the micro$haft reference it fits into the ethos anyway. that Linux can be out analysis machine since it won't have been programmed to igore certain things.

we can put network cards into promiscuous modes so that they capture all traffic.

I've never seen data leaking.

I suspect that I won't see data leaking on any OS any time in the future either.

There is a reason that most sensible people refer to people believing conspiracy theories as crazy.

Ok,

to put it quite simply.

the most simple way that we can check, for anything transmitting any data is to actively analyse the netowkr traffic that it's sending.

we'll assume that, (for the purposes if it A, many eyes argument, and B, I suspect given all the micro$haft reference it fits into the ethos anyway. that Linux can be out analysis machine since it won't have been programmed to igore certain things.

we can put network cards into promiscuous modes so that they capture all traffic.

I've never seen data leaking.

I suspect that I won't see data leaking on any OS any time in the future either.

There is a reason that most sensible people refer to people believing conspiracy theories as crazy.

Ya'll go around deleting my posts, with no actual good reason behind it, yet you can say the uttermost bullshit like this? Wow, just, wow. It's not a conspiracy when it's backed by pure fact. Nothing you have said or joe has been backed up with fact. It's purely based off of what you THINK makes sense, and SOUNDS logical. Think and sounds and that's it. It's value is 0 especially since everything you say has been and can be repeatedly proven wrong. I bet you'll end up voting for Ms. Clinton.

Ya'll go around deleting my posts, with no actual good reason behind it, yet you can say the uttermost bullshit like this? Wow, just, wow. It's not a conspiracy when it's backed by pure fact. Nothing you have said or joe has been backed up with fact. It's purely based off of what you THINK makes sense, and SOUNDS logical. Think and sounds and that's it. It's value is 0 especially since everything you say has been and can be repeatedly proven wrong. I bet you'll end up voting for Ms. Clinton.

1) Your post was deleted because it was WAY off topic of the thread. 2) Despite your claims no one has proved your statements to be fact. 3) It was deleted because you cannot debate nicely. No need for calling points "bullshit" or insulting the other people.

No please stop spreading this crap around. If you want to prove it then start a thread in the proper section but it does not belong here.

One of my crew is running 10 and has report no such violation of privacy.
We are currently monitoring network and system resources for suspect activities. So far so good. If we spot anything that shouldn't be there it will be documented and reported.

Uhm, like your post was based on facts...

I'll tell you what, I'll add in our customers infrastructure to that as well.

Systems actively scanned with IPS/IDS systems, (so no I'm not setting up anything special here)
In some cases hundreds of hosts are on these networks with and without "sensitive data".

If anything "untoward" is noticed, I'll come back here and let you know.

As for deleting your post. I didn't do that.
As for voting for Clinton, I'd need to emigrate from my own country first.
And then I'd need to have a look on what policies she stood for an against.

Last edited:
I have been using the preview issue of Windows 10 off and on now for a while and all I was ever required to have was a Microsoft account which you can set up with any e-mail address.
I am not a big fan of Microsoft myself but I do know one thing that this fear of them stealing your information is hog wash. If Microsoft or anyone else for that matter wanted information about anyone they could very easily find it by looking you up on the internet. Most people as was already said have a Facebook account or they are on some other social media. As for your webcam I also agree that they will only be monitoring it for Skype calls as after all they own Skype. Really not that different from what telephone or cable companies already do and have been for years in the case of the telephone company. A friend of mine once worked for AT&T before the split into separate companies and he said they have secret rooms where all they do is monitor calls for illegal activity. He had a top level security clearance but even with his clearance he was never allowed in the room but found out what they did later on. So big brother has been around for a very long time only you are now just hearing about it.

It sounds like to me you are so paranoid about a government agency spying on you then you must have something to hide or be up to something. Also if you are that worried about Microsoft spying on your through your webcam then put tape over it or better yet don't use it or your computer.

Back
Top Bottom