Gpu liquid cooling

cdawg

In Runtime
Hello I have the Geforce gtx 970 gpu and was wondering if they made a liquid cooler for it? I don't want to go water cooling

Sent from my SM-G900V using Computer Forums mobile app

You can buy a corsair G10. Its a special bracket that allows you to watercool your gpu using a regular cpu water cooler.

^But, as with the NCIX video, that only cools the GPU it's self, not the VRMs or the rest of the PCB.

EDIT: The G10 does have a fan... but who knows if it actually cools the VRMs on a GTX970 as it's been designed using a reference R9 290.

oh and just a note but worth mentioning, 90% of manufacturers void your warranty the second you remove their pre-fitted cooling system

Last edited:
^But, as with the NCIX video, that only cools the GPU it's self, not the VRMs or the rest of the PCB.

EDIT: The G10 does have a fan... but who knows if it actually cools the VRMs on a GTX970 as it's been designed using a reference R9 290.

oh and just a note but worth mentioning, 90% of manufacturers void your warranty the second you remove their pre-fitted cooling system

Good point. I would just stick with stock cooling for the 970. I've got a non reference one and it runs super cool. Never goes above 57C in games and I have mine overclocked quite heavily.

Seems stock cooling isn't cutting it for mine I guess because mine is a reference card and in game it get to 82-85 degrees Celsius

Sent from my SM-G900V using Computer Forums mobile app

That's odd, try using a program such as EVGA Precision (I always install it on my personal builds) to control the fan speed, I had problems with my old GTX280 overheating, but when I installed this program and I altered the fan curve it was fine.

Oh. Well I have a non reference card so that explains a lot of the difference. Always go non reference I say. There are times when a rear exhausting card is better but I still prefer non reference for other reasons (like better vrms, power phases, etc.) Anyway 82-85 is way too hot. The 900 series run very cool so I would totally agree with Joe.

Back
Top Bottom