Build won't turn on

Gamernerd212

Baseband Member
My build won't turn on I tried changing the graphics card and liquid cooling. The liquid cooling didn't fit and I switch back the graphics card. Also I added 2 sticks of ram of a different brand. I have a Radeon 4890 graphics card and an I7 4770k 1150 CPU. Any ideas or anything. Clueless

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Forums

Not knowing what your system is I'll take a wild shot. Is your CPU power plugged in?

On most modern boards in the upper left for most, is a 6 or 8 pin socket. There will be specific connectors on the PSU for that socket. The CPU will not fire up with out power going to that connection.

Next is the power button on the case plugged in to the correct pins on the board.

After that did you use the standoffs in the case for the mother board. If you did make sure there is not one where a screw doesn't go through. A rouge standoff can short out a board. It either doesn't come on or it fries the board.
If you didn't use the standoffs, the board is shorting out to the case. Sometimes they will survive, sometimes not. It's a crapshoot for that.

Also in the 24 pin main plug is a green and a bunch of black wires. The green is the turn on signal for the PSU. To see if the PSU is working, jump the green and one of the black together and see if the PSU fires up. If not the PSU is shot. If it does then something else is wrong.

And did you align the arrow on the CPU to the arrow on the CPU socket? If you didn't you can kiss the chip goodbye.

Last edited:
My CPU power is plugged in and my PSU Is 500 w cooler master. I think I have the cords plugged in the right places. ImageUploadedByComputer Forums1430765224.584779.jpg

Try re-seating all power connections - it's possible you bumped one. I'd also double check your video card and RAM are seated properly since you just swapped those around.

Power button was plug in wrong spot that it was color coded but I just had to read the label. I appreciate it a lot it was very helpful. Thought I broke it.

Back
Top Bottom