Conceal carry class

Celery

Golden Master
Yep, I'm in! :dance:

This Thursday from 2pm to 730pm. I shot 50 rounds today to see if I still got it. I think I'll pass. Since I got my AR15 I haven't shot my Sig P250 then.

I'll be updating as how things goes. :)

Which variant (and caliber) P250 do you have?

Based on my cover garment I switch between a Beretta Nano and Beretta PX4 full sized in .40

Based on my cover garment I switch between a Beretta Nano and Beretta PX4 full sized in .40

.40's are waistfull IMO... 7 round clips... More kick, bullets cost more, and is hardly at all any more effective than a 9mm. With 9's you have 10-20 round clips, less kick, bullets cost less, and damage wise pretty much in line with a .40, not to mention often a bit more compact. Just my 2cents. Fun none the less ;) Gratz Celery :)

Just to be clear with what I mean, if for pure self defense reason you do end up needing to shoot someone, you shoot someone 1 time in the chest with a .40, he will die, and if you shoot someone 1 time in the chest with a .9, he will die just the same.

It's a 40sw compact. :)

Nikon Guy, while the wounding are pretty much the same I trust the 40sw more than the 9mm to stop the threat. The 40sw 165g going the same velocity as the 9mm 115g-124g is going to be a better chance of doing damages.

A 40sw bullet can break bones which a 9mm bullet don't always do.

By the way, mine holds 13+1.

.40's are waistfull IMO... 7 round clips... More kick, bullets cost more, and is hardly at all any more effective than a 9mm. With 9's you have 10-20 round clips, less kick, bullets cost less, and damage wise pretty much in line with a .40, not to mention often a bit more compact. Just my 2cents. Fun none the less ;) Gratz Celery :)

Just to be clear with what I mean, if for pure self defense reason you do end up needing to shoot someone, you shoot someone 1 time in the chest with a .40, he will die, and if you shoot someone 1 time in the chest with a .9, he will die just the same.

The Nano is 9mm. I'd agree a .40 is a waistfull, but I carry the PX4 on my waist not inside so it's not bad. Can only really the PX4 in the winter when my coat is large enough to conceal it. And while the ammo I use in the Nano claims to be good in the winter with leather and heavy jackets I'd rather have the exta umph (and rounds) of the full-sized .40 over the pocket-9.

To your second paragraph I'd agree. I remember seeing some FBI stats a while back showing that 9mm, .40 and .45 all had a "one-shot stop" of a threat in a 70-75ish% percent rage of all incidents. while the .40 and .45 had a higher percentage that still means they preform statistically similar enough where caliber means less than your ability to aim the shot under stress.

It's a 40sw compact. :)

Nice choice :)

Gun control is not rules, regulations, and laws. Gun control is hitting what you aim at.

Congrats friend! :cool: :bow:

I am hoping that I can find one around here that caters to people whom are legally blind in the next few months. (To everyone; Please no arguments about gun control, I am so sick of those...)

I have heard that someone legally blind can still get a license, and I want one. You know the rule of 3 right? (3 feet, 3 shots)

I have heard that someone legally blind can still get a license, and I want one. You know the rule of 3 right? (3 feet, 3 shots)

Considering there are many degrees of being legally blind it really isn't an issue. So long as you can see you can legally own a gun.

Back
Top Bottom