Selling an Old Computer Build.

niceties55

Daemon Poster
I have an gaming old computer sitting around that I built in 2008 that was pretty awesome, but now I do not use it anymore because I recently built a better one. I was wondering what to do with it now? It had awesome parts for the time and still runs great today. I would like to sell it if possible and make a little off of it. Is this feasible?

The specs are:
Intel QuadCore Q6600
680i Nvidia Motherboard
HD Radion 3870 1gig Video
8 gigs Ram
1x 10,000rpm Raptor 150gig
1x 7,200rpm 500gig
2x DVD-R drives
Wireless-N built-in
19in DVI LCD monitor
620Watt Power supply

Thanks a lot :)

You might get 300-500 dollars for that on ebay if you get the right bidder. I'd say closer to 300 but not too bad.

It's 7 years old. I'd say closer to 200. And why do these questions always, ALWAYS come along when I've blown my money on a new Quad project. @#(*^&$^%$$!!!
Need a system for the Office that can not only do M$ Office but do WOW as well. Jeeze...

They get old fast. I built an i3 box that I used for a few months while putting together an i5 box. While the i3 still pretty new it's worth nothing on the market. I'm better off keeping it.

I would sell it as a whole. If you could find a decently priced video card upgrade you could easily double the price (say, a GTX 760 or better).

You'll find that a lot of people on a budget would buy that for a low end gaming system or just for general use. Only last year I sold an machine with a Q8300, 4GB ram, GTX650 2GB for $150.

Or just keep the bloody thing and turn it in to something else. Slap a couple of cheap NICs in it and load a firewall system on it. Just Google open source firewalls. Or turn it in to a HTPC. Your can park your movies on it and play them through your TV. It doesn't take a lot of graphics horsepower to play movies.

The uses for a semiretired computer are endless. Just decide what you want it to do and go for it.

Or just keep the bloody thing and turn it in to something else. Slap a couple of cheap NICs in it and load a firewall system on it. Just Google open source firewalls. Or turn it in to a HTPC. Your can park your movies on it and play them through your TV. It doesn't take a lot of graphics horsepower to play movies.

The uses for a semiretired computer are endless. Just decide what you want it to do and go for it.

A good open source firewall I've used is IPFire www.ipfire.org - Home

Back
Top Bottom