Front panel connector

emperor76

In Runtime
Hi all, I'm building a computer for someone at work, he's not really using it for gaming or anything, so nothing high end, trying to do it for about £60, which I'm pretty confident I can do, I just found someone at work who sold us a 600w psu for £5, much more than I need, but the price was good, I was just looking at second hand motherboards, I was going to go with Gigabyte as I've always used them and never really had a problem, but I've been seeing a few promising deals with Asus, I'm sure I remember using one a long time ago and realising the front panel connector from the case I was using didn't fit the motherboard, I could be wrong, I do have a poor short term memory, is there a different port for the front panel connector for Asus boards or am I barking up the wrong tree here, thanks in advance

Generally speaking, you should be able to connect the front panel connectors to most non-proprietary mobos. The problem usually comes in when you try to use a Dell or HP or something like that mobo since those are often proprietary and designed to work only with their case.

Generally speaking, you should be able to connect the front panel connectors to most non-proprietary mobos. The problem usually comes in when you try to use a Dell or HP or something like that mobo since those are often proprietary and designed to work only with their case.

Great, thanks for the info, to be fair, it was a prebuilt computer so I think you're right, I'll make sure it's not pulled from anything like that.

Back
Top Bottom