NAS or?

~Darkseeker~

Fully Optimized
Hi,

I've just had a hard drive fail, and because of me having stored everything on the PC that I use every day, I've just done and overnight robocopy of 957GBs of movies and TV shows onto an external HDD :lol:

What I want really is a network enabled hard drive that just allows me to create shared folders. I don't want any of that 'my cloud' crap and that's all I seem to be able to find. I want 2TBs that I can plug into my LAN somewhere in the house and map drives to it from my PC. Does anything like this exist that doesn't come pre-loaded with mycloud this and ACCESS ANYWHERE!11!11 that?

First of all, the MyCloud features are totally optional, if you don't want to use them then don't enable them.

You may be able to accomplish what you want by plugging in a 2TB external drive to your router providing it has a USB port. My router has a USB 3.0 port and when I plugged in an external drive it worked but it was much slower than my NAS.

Yeah that's one of the cool things about the WD stuff. You don't want to use it, don't turn it on. Features that is.
BUT
If you're on the road and want to watch a movie, it's nice to have it on tap.

Back
Top Bottom