Windows 7 Home Premium Wifi Question?

Ok bit of an update. I've tried using my Asus laptop running Windows 8.1 Pro and that connected no problems but any of my laptops running any edition of Windows 7 cannot. They recently upgraded some of workstations to Windows 8.1 Enterprise so I am wondering if they got some filter in place. I also looked on the helpdesk and my device could be blacklisted so I need to contact them

​If your device fails to connect, make sure your logon credentials are correct. You can check this by logging onto a Department computer, preferrably a device connected using a network cable.

If you fail to log on to a Department computer, use a browser to go to vkey and change you password or see the local Vkey officer (Maybe the SBM).

If the logon attempt was successful on the computer, the problem may be your device is blacklisted due to a large amount of incorrect login attempts. Please turn off Wi-Fi and work email on that device for 15 minutes.

After 15 minutes restart the device and try again. If this fails to connect again, please log a job on the IT Helpdesk.

Well, crap. That just means that they know less than you know.
That has occurred between myself and dell a few times.

Last edited:
Well actually no, I've spoken with the librarian this morning and she helped me but we had no luck even after resetting my login details. She said I can use an Ethernet cable and connect to the network which is how I am connected now. The Education Dept IT Helpdesk is very limited in terms of support it can provided for BYO devices. I am wondering if its because Windows 7's mainstream support is ending if it has anything to do with that..

ITS Employees are able to assist with instructions on connecting your personal device to the DoE Guest network, and may perform limited troubleshooting to make this work.

Further instructions for wireless connections may be found by searching this site.

ITS Employees are NOT able to assist you with personal technology device issues beyond the DoE Guest connection assistance offered above.

Back
Top Bottom