How to make a USB stick wipe its content after a certain amount of time!

padders09

Beta member
For a project I'm doing I will have some software and some files on a USB stick and the files for the software that will be on the USB stick are sensitive medical Files. I was wondering what the best way of having the usb stick wipe these files after a certain amount of time or whether this was possible.

The USB stick has no power of its own nor does it have a microprocessor. It's basically a dumb device. To wipe it, it has to be plugged into a computer so you can access it.

Or just set an iPhone reminder?
Will not work. It will work for a basic format, but that is not the complete removal of files.

Even without the complete removal of files, you are playing with fire when it comes to someone asking these questions...

You could attach a timed explosive to the divice that would surely wipe the data, the only problem with that is that you would loose they USB device itself

Sent from my VOYAGER2 DG310 using Computer Forums mobile app

Hate it when this happens. New user signs up, ask one question, gets answers and we never hear from him again. If our suggestions was not what he was looking for, do tell. If it was the suggestion he needed, a simple thanks is in order.

btw, welcome to the forum Leonard

Back
Top Bottom