Corsair 540 case
EVGA 850 B2 PSU
MSI Z97 Gaming 5 mobo
WD 1 TB HDD
16 Gb RAM @ 1600mhz
i5 4690k
Corsair H100i liquid cooler
Gigabyte GTX 970

Anyway... So now Im getting into overclocking this cpu, something I have never done before. So straight off the bat I bumped it up to 4.4Ghz @ 1.140 Vcore. Stress tests were all good and the temp never got above 45c using Aida64 stress tests. Temps were the same playing Arma 3 for 5 hours straight.

Now I have bumped it to 4.5Ghz @ 1.165 and temps unders stress average 55. Now I may not need that much voltage, I havent messed with it much. I really wanted to stop and have you guys look at my bios and see if I'm missing something. If you all dont mind that is... Would be much appreciated!

By the way, the sticky guide is 10 years old. Any chance for a new one ? :D

Attachments

• IMG_0566.jpg
    IMG_0566.jpg
    53.3 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0567.jpg
    IMG_0567.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 1
Sry for the sideways pics!

Attachments

• IMG_0577.jpg
    IMG_0577.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 5
Nice setup.
If it's stable, i think just leave it at that. But you might want a second opinion. I am not a huge overclocker myself. I have overclocked 5-7 systems, but only mediocre overclocks.

What about some RAM overclock. Not that it's gonna do much in terms of performance, but you might just aswell do it. I'll say keep the RAMs volt on auto and increase the frequency to 1866 with Timings at 8-8-8-24.

Last edited:
Personally, in terms of memory, I leave the memory clock at auto and just enable XMP. but this is just my preference

I also prefer to manually fix the voltage and disable C1E, C3 and C6 for stability, since autovolting tends to lead to it using higher voltages, which at higher clocks can push it over the recommended voltage maximum for your CPU under load (Which i think is about 1.3V for haswell?).

If you're all stable then you're all good really, the only consideration besides stability is longevity and making sure you don't damage anything (which is what I was getting at above)

Back
Top Bottom