Jammin on my guitar

You can learn that craft in a few weeks? Is that the case for most people, or are you literally just that good? (No sarcasm here, I mean that.)

I think I misunderstood you. It's how long it took me to learn a song. To learn the guitar took years, building muscle memory, scales, chords, etc.

You may not notice it but I use mostly 3 chord shapes (E-A-D) in my songs. It help simplify the fretboard.

Last edited:
Ah, now that makes a lot more sense. Thank you for being honest, as I was having a bit of a difficult time believing that you learned how to play in a few weeks. :)

Trust me, it took forever to learn to play the keyboard with two hands. I cannot remember how long it took, but its not easy and I had nothing to teach me. I used to come home every day and play basic crap by ear. I had to develop the two hand thing on my own, as my hands wanted to copy eachother. The first song I learned is Fur Eliese. Making my own music was harder.

But that is why I found it hard to believe. I mean, the keyboard is so much more simple, and I have used a guitar a few times in my life. That thing trys to murder your fingers, and it will cut you. I gave up on that (Although I wish I had not...), but yeah. XD

And now that you point it out, I do notice. Its nearly impossible to tell from your playing. At least it is from the perspective of someone whom does not normally play. You make great use of those cords, and that is what matters. :)

Last edited:
It's not that hard, after all there's only 12 notes and repeated in higher/lower octaves. We have 7 notes in a scale whether it's Major, Minor, Dorian, Lydian, etc etc.

It's all about intervals.

Yeah, I studied music theory. :)

That is very true. I used to sing in the schools choir, which took a very long time to get good at. I even had a vocal coach. That failed when my voice changed late, and I had to learn to do everything in base. I was given the chance to work with a piano (keyboard) and simply ran with it.

What was your inspiration? Mine was everything art, so I enjoyed being able to paint amazing pictures in people heads with music. That was also my inspiration to get into programming, but that is for another day.

Believe it or not, my inspirations came from pot. :angel:

Since I've quit smoking pot I lost interest in music.

I understand that as well. But its unfortunate that you have lost interest.

I actually never used pot when making music. It did not seem right. I did use it while listening to other peoples creations, and that was yet more inspiration. I created one song just to test my equipment, but another for my fiance. I can show you in another thread if you like, but keep in mind, the recording equipment that I had at the time is crap compaired to today. It was the best that I could pull off with a very weak computer, and a recording system that I pretty much had to build based on what I could find. In other words, the quality is crap.

Last edited:
My recordings was crap too.

I'm interested to hear yours. :)

Pot was good for controlling my chronic pains thus allowing me to enjoy playing music but since I've started pain medications I have to pass the urine tests. I love to play guitar and I do what I can.

When the day comes I want my guitar buried with me. :angel:

Well, you do an exelent job, and I hope that you keep it up. :)
As requested I have uploaded one of my recordings in another thread.

Awesome my friend! I'm country and the old Rock!!
Gary!!
Looks like you have been resurrected.LOL With top billing!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom