Random Chit Chat

Windows 8.1 is worth it. You may as well wait until Windows 10 is released and upgrade to that.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Computer Forums mobile app

Oh, I meant worth it generally as an OS not as a replacement. I'm keeping Windows 7 until it dies. You know what they say "if it ain't broke, use it until it breaks"... or something like that!

I think what I am going to do when windows 10 comes out is get the free upgrade on my windows 8.1 laptop but on my desktop I will make an image backup of my windows hard drive using macrium reflect then save that somewhere on an external hard drive then I will perform the free upgrade to windows 10 just to get my free license then maybe make another backup. Then if anything goes wrong i can easily roll back to windows 7. The thing that worries me most is eventually gaming won't be as good in windows 7. I don't know if they will support directx 12 in windows 7.

When getting the free upgrade to windows 10 I don't know if microsoft will give you a license key along with it to reinstall but just in case they don't I will have the image backup for windows 10 as well

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom