What's limewire law.com

any site that offers any kind of free hardware at the very least is a scam. Could it be a virus, maybe. At any rate steer clear from it and anything else related to limewire and you're ok.

I downloaded a song off limewire but it wasn't a song it was some guy speaking about a settlement and go to limewirelaw.com. Is that I downloaded a virus. Or was it just trying to trick me into going to that site?

could be one, the other, or both. Hard to say without the file - but even if it were the song you expected it could still be infected. Best bet right now is to run your anti-virus.

Hey JBrandes,

I'm not sure how old you are or how new you are to the internet BUT a lesson you will learn pretty quickly, hopefully not the hard way, is that anything that sounds too good to be true more than likely is.

You are not the 1 millionth visitor to "this" website.
You have not been chosen to be the lucky recipient of several million dollars from the sultan of brunei.
You will not win an iPad if you shoot a 3 ducks in a row.
Hot girls in your area don't want to talk to you (OK they might, but if they do it would be face to face, not by following "this" link).

Any website that promises something expensive for either next to nothing or for free is up to no good, we can't say if it's a virus or a scam but either way steer clear.

I didn't go to the site it said I was just hoping that message wasn't a virus that he told me to go to the site. It was supposed to be a song.

I wouldn't go there. If it's a bootleg download, it's just proof you are guilty.

This too. Since we really can't help you do anything illegal (like download audio files off of limewire) we really shouldn't be helping you.

So to end all the questions:
  • Odds are, anything you download on limewire has a virus (speaking from help-desk experience here) - even if the song you really wanted plays out of your speakers.
  • Having limewire is a security risk
  • Limewire isn't worth the risk of continued use. It stopped being popular back in like 2007 so what's the point?

The file you've downloaded may be harmless, but you may have a virus on the machine from something else you've downloaded. Peer to peer networks such as Limewire are not "authoritative sources". The files could be modified, could be something else entirely, could be malware, or could be what you're looking for. More often than not, it is not what you're looking for.

I'd suggest creating a thread in Software and Operating Systems - Computer Forums requesting assistance with checking your system's health. I'll be happy to help out if that is something you're interested in, but I'm not going to hijack this thread to do so.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom