I am disappointed in Texas justice...

My nephew told me last night that his friend who we looked up is in jail again for DUI.

Yep again.

He's only been out a few days from his one year sentence and he's locked up again with no bond. What's funny is that his last two arrests had no bonds either yet he still gets out.

Did I say I'm disappointed with Texas justice? Wake up you damn judges and do your friggin job y'all swore to.

Sheez.

I agree Celery, I think judges should really crack down on DUI's in every state. If the law was very strict people would stop doing it...hopefully. I frown on people that drink & drive. Too many innocent people have been killed...that's my two cents.

That's spot on mr mixx. Too many lives, from a child to an elderly, gone because of them.

What's funny is that I haven't heard anything from MADD. Where the heck are they ??

That's true, I forgot all about them. In the past they were always making some noise about people who drank and drive. I just wish there were more groups like MADD.

Right. I haven't heard any noises from anyone. I'm freaking because it's too damn quiet.

You're so right Celery. Way too quiet. I just wish judges would put themselves into the shoes of the family who had someone taken from them from a drunk driver. I feel so bad for the family's who have to suffer.

I have stated before my opinion about DUI, so there is no need to do so again here.
That said, I do believe that my friend deserved what he got... the first time. 3 times caught driving while wasted, I would have thrown the book at him too. But having a beer (ok a few, but they where weak.) while sitting in his own back yard, then failing a test less than an hour later (I never said he was smart...) causes the system to lose a lot more money than they gain, and really doesnt help anyone. I would completely understand if this where a case where he had been DUI again, but he was not. This was his first drink in all of that time, and my guess is that its because he figured they would let him slip.

And he thought wrong but I get what you're getting at. He's in his backyard minding his own business and having a few instead of hitting the road. I understand that but he had a condition he must meet and he blew it.

It just sucks that that has to happen but if he still has to take tests for sobriety he should had not drink til it's all over with.

I was talking with my nephew and he's counting the days that he'd have to stop drinking when he start taking sobriety tests 3x a day. It's a device that you blow in and it takes a picture so you cannot cheat it. I told him how about quit drinking now and for good? You'll be better off I promise you.

Back
Top Bottom