Laptop for World of Warcraft - Feedback Requested

Bahawolf1

Fully Optimized
Hey there!

I'm returning to WoW soon, and I'm going to be gaming on a laptop. I know, I know.. "laptops are not for gamers!". If it were up to me, I'd build a desktop.. but my wife prefers a laptop, and she becomes Onyxia when her enrage ability procs. Seeing as I don't want to die, I'm sticking to a laptop. :)

I primarily game on consoles nowadays, with the exception being WoW. My wife may play Sims 4 from time to time on it. That's about it, so I don't need anything crazy. I'm hoping to achieve high / ultra settings in WoW (with the exception being raiding, if needed).

Nonetheless, I'm looking at this laptop right now for about $1500: ASUS ROG G751 Series G751JT-CH71 Gaming Laptop Intel Core i7 4710HQ (2.50GHz) 16GB Memory 1TB HDD NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970M 3GB 17.3" Windows 8.1 64-Bit - Newegg.com

I've always been a fan of Asus, and think it's a great deal for $1500. I guess I'm wondering how you guys think WoW would run on this. If you guys wish to recommend a different laptop, similar in price, that would be great as well!

Looking forward to returning to Azeroth!

Hey man nice to see you again. Yes that is a very nice laptop and I too am a fan of ASUS as most of my laptops have been from ASUS. That beast shouldn't have a problem playing WoW or Sims 4.

Hey BK! Nice to see you as well. :) I peruse through here from time to time, but life has kept me inactive for quite some time. Hopefully I can stick around for a while, this time around!

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/world-of-warcraft-system-requirements

You can play it on Intel's 4000 graphics. A couple of my staff play WOW on older HP laptops. So spending a lot of money on a souped up laptop isn't really necessary.

One of them will be working tonight so I'll get them to log in and give more details.

This is true, as I've played it on my Macbook Pro with the Intel Iris 4000. However, the FPS drops to about 10-20 if I don't use very low settings. :)

It is, yes. I believe that anything above a GTX 860M would run the game well, but I wanted some room for "future-proofing". I just need to convince my wife of that! :p

Back
Top Bottom