Getting virtual (positional?) surround sound through video card (r9 290x)

pidevildog07

Baseband Member
Couldn't find anywhere that it states whether or not this card supports 5.1 or higher audio output through hdmi port much less surround sound and how it could even be accomplished. Forgot to mention I'm wanting to use something like a logitech g430 headset.

It's multiplexed in. I use a 7.1 surround sound amp with a HDMI switcher. It strips the sound off and plays it through the amp's speakers. You can just plug the headset in to the amp.

It's multiplexed in. I use a 7.1 surround sound amp with a HDMI switcher. It strips the sound off and plays it through the amp's speakers. You can just plug the headset in to the amp.
Amp? You wouldn't have any pictures on hand describing this do you? I suppose I could just use the onboard mobo audio?

Last edited:
I have the previous model of this one. RCA RT2781BE 1000W Home Theater System with Bluetooth - Walmart.com

You plug in the HDMI from your computer to the HDMI input on the amp then the HDMI out from the amp to your monitor. Your headphones plug in to the jack in the front of the amp.

Don't be fooled by the small size of that amp. It has some rich sound and can be cranked up with no discernible distortion.
Computer isn't going great to be in a very large room so that's out. Guess I'll have to be happy with mobo sound until I track down a decent sound card

Back
Top Bottom