Hi, I am...

angie

Beta member
Hello,

I'm Angie. I learned basic HTML, CSS, and Java a few years ago. Recently, I have started getting back into them. I have been reviewing HTML and CSS, and today I started teaching myself Python. I think it's sweet that this forum is available for us to help each other out with coding and to talk about it together. I'm looking forward to learning more about coding. I want to get back into coding and learn more languages. As I am a college student, I'm thinking of switching to a computer science major.

I especially enjoy seeing how coding combines both logic and creativity. Years ago, I felt detracted from coding because I was worried that it allowed no space for creativity. But lately, my eyes have been opened to the truth, that coding allows a lot of freedom and creativity. I think that is why HTML, CSS, and Python can be enjoyable. I enjoy the artistic aspects of coding.

I also enjoy the logical aspects, as well. I have always enjoyed the logical aspects of math. Most of the time, I enjoy math--except for when working with 3D vectors!

I can't wait to get to know the rest of the people on this forum!

I would love to hear from some of you--What are your favorite aspects of coding? What do you find most creative about computer programming? :)

Welcome! You will find that quite a few of us can help you with your needs. We dont really talk code much, but that is because it has been some time sense anyone has asked any questions related to it.

Welcome to the madhouse! I mean...

Seriously, welcome, hopefully you'll get some useful info (doesn't happen very often! lol) and a bit of a laugh too at times... (I recommend the joke threads, one quiet day I read it from start to finish, time well spent!)

From a coding perspective... I'm very mathematical (I like something to have an answer, I was terrible at subject which are opinion based...), but I love creating things, and it's so satisfying when you see something come together that you've been developing! I've tinkered with some of the subjects you have, I've developed bits in HTML(5), CSS, Java, C#, Python, T-SQL, PL-SQL, but my favourite is C#, mainly because I'm more practiced in that!

I can't pretend to be any good at them, but I know enough to get by for now, I'll be interested to see how you get on (maybe we can help each other out, I never fully got to grips with python!) and best of luck with your course!

-J

Welcome aboard angie. :)

I used to do some coding on the Commodore 64 which is machine coding. I wrote video games and sold one to Compute! magazine.

Now that C64 died out and I started with a 286 PC I didn't feel like coding anymore.

Back
Top Bottom