Operating system hack

So your bank info and other files would be available to everyone to grab. I read somewhere that hackers did that is that likely

It's not likely to get a visit by a hacker to begin with.
But yeah, if you have a bank that uses some sort of keyfiles on your computer to login, then yeah, He could be interested in that. He needs your password in order to enter your bank account. And the password are more likely to be "fished" (as it's called) than hacked.
Do you know what fishing means? (No am am not talking about fishing fish in sea :lol: )

Wouldn't a hacker be more likely to just get it himself through your computer rather than changing a setting on limewire exposing it to everyone. I would rather one person have it than the world

I agree, what is this limewire fixation? Most serious hackers are not going to bother with small fish like us. They go after target rich environments like the pentagon or government agency's.
Most of the ones you have trouble from time to time with are script kiddies. They're easy to spot. Your firewall goes nutzo. I normally back hack and open my sandbox. I usually don't get bothered again from that one.

If you go to questionable places better have a good antivirus program running in real time and a heavy handed firewall. Other wise chill out.

Besides, what do you have on your computer you won't want others to see?

I could only imagine a hacker getting your bank details for their own benefit, think, if you were a hacker and your aim was to get bank details, would you share it with the world or would you keep the money yourself?

We've answered this limewire concern a few times already - yes people can change it but it's not very likely. Limewire is no where near as popular as it once once - there's no need for a 5th thread on it.

And to echo what's been said here, if someone were to break in they wouldn't both with limewire in any way shape or form. If they went after any data like your bank and tax stuff they wouldn't put it into a limewire share (I honestly didn't think it was still used by anyone) they'd take it then either use it themselves or sell it to an ID thief. Putting your stuff up where anyone can get it for free is the last thing they'd ever do.

As an aside, if you're so worried about security risks related to limewire, just uninstall it.

Thanks sorry to be a pain. You guys just are more knowledgeable on this and is a good place to seek advice. I used limewire when it was popular in 08 and up. I was just reading articles and a lot of sites say that malware or other hackers will change your save or share folder. And myself found this a little absurd that's why I asked someone who would know more than me. I appreciate you guys taking your time to answer this. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom