Noctua fans: Can frame be painted?

frldyz

In Runtime
Can the house ( frame ) of Noctua case fans be painted?

right now I got a white/red theme going on inside my case.
Planning to add an extra fan inside and upgrade the exhaust fan on my case. But Im not a big fan of the tan color?
Would the fans need to be taken out? Would this affect the fan?

Im am NOT going to paint the actual fan itself.

Thanks everyone.

*** Are Noctua fans PWM? Or can the RPM only be adjusted with the 3 RPM 3 different connectors given with the fan?

Thanks everyone.

To your first question, of course you can. There is no reason why you couldn't. Heck, you COULD paint your motherboard...
I'm not so sure about painting your motherboard. Some paint might be conductive and cause things to short out. In addition, the paint might hinder cooling of certain parts. It might be possible, though I've never heard of anyone doing it (or wanting to).

I'm not so sure about painting your motherboard. Some paint might be conductive and cause things to short out. In addition, the paint might hinder cooling of certain parts. It might be possible, though I've never heard of anyone doing it (or wanting to).

It is very do able to paint a motherboard... For the hell of it I did it on an old dual core setup, and it worked just fine.

The third lead on 3 lead fans is the tach. Tells the board or controller how fast it's going. On a 4 lead there's a tach and speed controller lead that's PWM.

As for painting the frames, yeah you can but why? It's a pain in the gazootenblatz.

Back
Top Bottom