Random Chit Chat

Thanks BK_123, it's good to know I don't have the slowest connection:

I probably hold the record for most expensive though. My employer pays $138/month for this connection (I work from home). Am I the only one who's upload is faster than their download?

@NikonGuy - I had satellite for a few years and hated it. When I first got satellite it was download only so I had to pay for a 2nd ISP with a 56K modem dialup line as my uplink. After a couple of years like that they came out with 2-way satellite which allowed me to drop the 2nd ISP.

The worst part about my satellite connection was that they would monitor how much you downloaded and would severely throttle your connection for hours if you exceeded their download limits.

Last edited:
Thanks BK_123, it's good to know I don't have the slowest connection:

I probably hold the record for most expensive though. My employer pays $138/month for this connection (I work from home).

Ha yeah. It should be fixed by Wednesday at the absolute latest and is now affecting 485 customers and they won't send anyone out to fix it over the weekend..

@NikonGuy - I had satellite for a few years and hated it. When I first got satellite it was download only so I had to pay for a 2nd ISP with a 56K modem dialup line as my uplink. After a couple of years like that they came out with 2-way satellite which allowed me to drop the 2nd ISP.

The worst part about my satellite connection was that they would monitor how much you downloaded and would severely throttle your connection for hours if you exceeded their download limits.
Yeah we hate dish with a passion. They scam us daily out of our internet, they are the worst ISP ever.

Back
Top Bottom