kapersky? bitdefnder? eset?

autoit? Care to explain what that is?

AutoIt v3 is a freeware BASIC-like scripting language designed for automating the Windows GUI and general scripting. It uses a combination of simulated keystrokes, mouse movement and window/control manipulation in order to automate tasks in a way not possible or reliable with other languages (e.g. VBScript and SendKeys). AutoIt is also very small, self-contained and will run on all versions of Windows out-of-the-box with no annoying “runtimes” required!

https://www.autoitscript.com/site/autoit/

Autoit is far from just a macro builder. If you want more information on why it is getting flagged, or what to do about it, then please visit Are my AutoIt EXEs really infected? - General Help and Support - AutoIt Forums
Autoit was the third language that I had learned, and I still use it today. I do not go to the forums anymore, but that is for a more personal reason.

You ask for an explination... Well, it is amazing for automation tasks but can also be used for advanced development.

Last edited:
The users forum over there seems to be working on getting autoit unflagged by AV companies. Since by their own ad mission Virus writers use this language to create virus and malware, I seriously doubt that's going to happen any time soon.

I was not aware of the malicious use of this language. Like the idiots that fly model aircraft outside the boundaries of good common sense, that give the rest of us fliers a black eye in the face of the FAA and others, you're going to have those that will make bad use of a programming language. But the language shouldn't be blamed. Just what is created with it for evil intent.

The users forum over there seems to be working on getting autoit unflagged by AV companies. Since by their own ad mission Virus writers use this language to create virus and malware, I seriously doubt that's going to happen any time soon.

I was not aware of the malicious use of this language. Like the idiots that fly model aircraft outside the boundaries of good common sense, that give the rest of us fliers a black eye in the face of the FAA and others, you're going to have those that will make bad use of a programming language. But the language shouldn't be blamed. Just what is created with it for evil intent.
The malicious use of the language is by script kiddies. The language is blamed due to its interpreter, which decompiles your script and uses it. The entire language is designed to be read by an extra program that they include; Which means that it gets detected for the activities of others. There have been attempts to write a new compiler, but those have been shot down. That is sad to even type out.

ESET. I would not and have not used any other AV software for over 6 years. I've personally tested and tried them all and also experienced many installations of anti-malware programs on client computers. There are many decent AV programs...but ESET is by far the best. Lightest footprint, best detection rates, easiest to use etc.

Back
Top Bottom