Internet on computer stopped.

images

First potion- control pannel > internet properties > connections > lan settings> check automatically dettect settings> down uncheck use proxy server for your LAN > press OK

Second option - right click my computer > mannage> device mannager > network adoptor > unistall > press ok > restart your system...hope its help.

Sent from my iPhone using Computer Forums

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:26 PM ----------

After restart ur wifi driver will automatically install. But you need to re enter the password of your wifi

I have the issue again. There are none of the options you listed. I have Win 7 and I do not use WiFi, I use Ethernet.

Have you tried a hard reset?
(You disconnect all electricity, press the reset button which may require the use of a small object such as a pen or pin, depending on what you prefer....)
Also, please post the make/model of the router if that does not work.

---------- Post added at 04:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:47 PM ----------

If I had planted a virus in his computer it would never work again!
Aka: Logic bomb. :angel:

If you're performing a hard reset on your router you'll need to know the settings which you need to input back into it once it comes back online, these can usually be found on your ISP service portal on on the original letters from the ISP.

Each router will likely have a different sequence for a hard reset, but I usually find that holding the reset button for 30 seconds (with the router powered on) or something similar works.

Guys, every single device and computer works just fine on my internet except my desktop. WiFi works on my phone and laptop, Ethernet works on my moms desktop and dads laptop. When I try to connected it says " unidentified network " no matter how many times I restart unplug etc.

In this case there are 2 things to condsider.

1) your router dont have internet connection - check the internet light of your router if it is red or green, if it is green means you have internet connection if it is red you dont have internet connection or use defferent laptop to check if you have internet connection or not.

2) there is problem in your laptop itself - in this case commom problem lies in your network adaptor - right click my computer > click mannage > click device manager > cleck network adaptor > uninstall your LAN driver > restart your computer..hope its help

After reading ur post i realize that you have internet connection. As you mentioned in your post.

Try this options:

1) check your network adaptor if the driver installed properly or not.

2) may be your RJ45 cable is not working properly, try to use the cable connected to your mother desktop just to check if it is cable issue or not.

3) try to check may be there is proxy set in your system- by opening control pannel > internet options > connections > LAN Settings > put check in automatically detect setting > uncheck use automatic configaration script & use proxy server for your LAN.

I'm on my desktop, not laptop, laptop is fine. Its not the cable. And there is no such thing as " internet options "....

---------- Post added at 07:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

Nvm I found internet options. I changed the settings still didn't work.

Back
Top Bottom