GPU died, put in new nvidia without uninstalling any ati drivers/software

Gmork1

Solid State Member
My graphics card died on me, so I put in an nvidia graphics card and didn't think to boot into safe mode to uninstall all of the ati drivers and software. When I started my computer for the first time windows update automatically downloaded nvidia drivers.

On reboot, my computer is still starting all of the ati processes, the catalyst control center is still accessible, and the ati services are still starting. I went to programs and features to uninstall the catalyst control center and anything else ati related, but nothing shows up.

I know that the uninstall exe's are somewhere in an ati folder and need to be ran manually. Can I get some help getting all the ati stuff off my computer?
Everything I found online always starts with the catalyst control center, but only tells you to uninstall through programs and features. I need to know where the uninstall exe is located. I will link the forum thread I found.

Guide to fully removing ATI drivers - Guru3D.com Forums

You know what... my computer is a big mess anyway. I have been wanting to reinstall windows for awhile.

Still though, an answer would be nice for someone else in this situation.

Thanks anyway :)

Back
Top Bottom