Can't connect to inter net

Edit:
Wait, you asked if something could be allowing the internet to work only in your home... That could be a proxy specific to your internet. Go first to Internet Explorer > the cog icon at the top right > Connections tab > Setting and LAN setting. Make sure those two don't have all options inside unchecked. Take records of the numbers in the boxes first. Now try IE first. If it works, try FF. If it does not work, go to Options > Network tab > Settings, and make sure "Use System Proxy Settings" checked.

Good luck.

I am also thinking it may be proxy related. This is what you should see when you follow Smart_Guys instructions. Have you tried connecting a different device to the hospital network? Also check for the latest drivers for your WiFi card in your laptop which is an Intel Centrino Wireless-N 1000 Acer Aspire 5740-5513 Specs - CNET and you can the drivers on Intel's website using their driver update utility Intel® Driver Update Utility

kEjwy9r.png

I made a mistake there. All boxes have to be unchecked or at least edited to meet the new internet connection's proxy settings, if there are any.

Today I went the shopping center here in Pikeville and I could not connect to the internet at any of the wifi hot spots. I could connect to all the wifi hot spots but no internet. Then I went back to the Hampton hotel we stayed at and got the guest key for their wifi and it all worked. Got back to my wife's place a couple miles away and "page not loading" comes up. When I check my connection it shows that I am connected to the wifi and the internet. It also says that my DNS server is not responding. Heading back to Michigan in the morning. Will report more tomorrow...

Trucky911

Previous generations of my family lived in Michigan. My dad was raised there and my grandfather and great grandfather had grist mills there. My great grandfather's mill was in Chesaning on the Shiawassee River. My grandfather's mill was in Corunna, also on the Shiawassee River. Either of you Michiganders familiar with those areas?

Also, either of you ever heard of Farmer Pete's meat company? That was owned by my great Uncle.

Previous generations of my family lived in Michigan. My dad was raised there and my grandfather and great grandfather had grist mills there. My great grandfather's mill was in Chesaning on the Shiawassee River. My grandfather's mill was in Corunna, also on the Shiawassee River. Either of you Michiganders familiar with those areas?

Also, either of you ever heard of Farmer Pete's meat company? That was owned by my great Uncle.

I know where Shiawasse is :) I want to say Corunna sounds familiar, but does't quite ring the bell.. Haven't heard of Farmer Pete's though, I've lived up north my life, so I don't know a whole lot from the " Down south " parts. My brother lived there for a few years, that's how I know of Shiawasse.

It's Michiganders! :D :lol:

I agree.....

Strollin, I can't say I heard of Farmer Petes Meats.....

Trucky911

---------- Post added at 08:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:40 PM ----------

Restart your modem, and then restart your router.
The modem and router are together. That was something we did not do. Would a one piece modem/router work the same way?....

Trucky911

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom