Random Shutdowns During Gaming

If this is all true, then why does it take hours for it to finally shut down, then will shut down if I try gaming right after it restarts, yet will work just fine for another couple hours if I let it set for a while?

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:59 PM ----------

No I sold that. If the new cooler does not work, I'm selling the card as defective and buying a GTX 970.

You perfectly described a CPU overheating there. Is your cooling system working fine? Lots of dust inside the case or on the fans? Is there space around the inside and outside your tower for air circulation?

I have a thermometer with a lead on it I use to check temps in the case. It's a indoor/outdoor model I scarfed up at Wally World for 10 bucks. Runs for years on a aaa battery. Ok let me get to the point.
I run the probe in through the water cooling openings in the back of the case. I can then put the probe anywhere I have a question about the temps. If you do this and have it say on the CPU fins and it shuts down, check the temp readout before it has a chance to cool off. If you're ok there next stop is the GPU cooling. Same drill as before. If it shuts down check the temp.
If it's temp related, you'll have a pretty good idea who the culprit is.

Don't jump to conclusions and take your time trouble shooting. Most of the time it's something simple that gets overlooked. In other words, the devil's in the details.

By the way guys I have a AX850 for several years now. Not a single problem out of it, period. Right now it's been pushing my system non stop for 6 months unattended.

Wait a minute here. Do you have your computer on a UPS? Could be a brown out or a spike. Hmmm

You perfectly described a CPU overheating there. Is your cooling system working fine? Lots of dust inside the case or on the fans? Is there space around the inside and outside your tower for air circulation?

Dumbass me.... I have the fan on the Water Cooling block sucking in air XD. But no, I have a thermometer running while I'm gaming and it never gets to a bad temperature.

---------- Post added at 01:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:30 PM ----------

I have a thermometer with a lead on it I use to check temps in the case. It's a indoor/outdoor model I scarfed up at Wally World for 10 bucks. Runs for years on a aaa battery. Ok let me get to the point.
I run the probe in through the water cooling openings in the back of the case. I can then put the probe anywhere I have a question about the temps. If you do this and have it say on the CPU fins and it shuts down, check the temp readout before it has a chance to cool off. If you're ok there next stop is the GPU cooling. Same drill as before. If it shuts down check the temp.
If it's temp related, you'll have a pretty good idea who the culprit is.

Don't jump to conclusions and take your time trouble shooting. Most of the time it's something simple that gets overlooked. In other words, the devil's in the details.

By the way guys I have a AX850 for several years now. Not a single problem out of it, period. Right now it's been pushing my system non stop for 6 months unattended.

Wait a minute here. Do you have your computer on a UPS? Could be a brown out or a spike. Hmmm

No I don't have a UPS. Where I live, I really don't have the need for one. We rarely ever lose power, and it's mostly during the summer when lighting storms roll through, and at that point, she gets unplugged because I'm never risking a surge :D.

It's not CPU over heating for sure. I still say try a new PSU... Get a 970 or 980 and you'll most likely have the same issue you have now... Good luck though

Back
Top Bottom