Msi gtx 970

frldyz

In Runtime
Background:
1. 1st build.
2. 3 mos. ago minimal computer knowledge. Went from learning what wi-fi and Bluetooth is ---> challenging myself to do a build.
3.. Will be basic home PC. Mainly file ( pic and home video storage ), with possible gaming. Nothing crazy....?

What I have so far:
i7 4790k
gigabyte Z97X gaming 3 mobo
Noctua NH-D14 fan/heat sink
Crucial Ballistix ( sport) 16gb RAM - 2 x 8gb sticks
Corsair AX 750 PSU
LG Blu-Ray internal optical drive w/ burner and BDXL
Samsung 500gb 850 PRO SSD
Internal card reader (don't laugh)
Corsair 760T case
HGST 4tb HDD 7200rpm

What I still need to get:
Another larger External HD
OS _ Leaning towards Win 7.
GPU- Want to run 3 monitors. Nothing crazy like 4k or too insanely expensive. Mainly because we have lots of windows open ( online ) @ a time. Do not intend to game with 3 monitors unless Im able to without going crazy $$$

1st of I know this build is way more massive and $ as I need. I know that. But I've been purchasing these products when they have a great sale. And a lot of advice I got from some builders " you'll always wish you would of got something bigger and better". So yes I know what I jave here is more then adequate. But you never know I might realy get into this PC stuff ( I already am) and Id rather have an overkill now then redoing in the future.

That being sad.

Next on my purchase list is a GPU. I'm looking @ the MSI 970. Built for more then I need. But like I said above. What's everyone's opinions on this GPU?
I do intend to run 3 monitors.

That's an incredible gpu. But I prefer the gigabyte windforce edition card. The G1 gaming 970. OC's better, is quieter, and cooler.

That's an incredible gpu. But I prefer the gigabyte windforce edition card. The G1 gaming 970. OC's better, is quieter, and cooler.

Thanks jarl. I appreciate your feedback.

IMO ( don't laugh ) I have a red and white theme going, hence why I like the MSI. What do you like better about the gigabyte. Just speed and noise? I assume the MSI only gets to be noisy once the fans kick in and has a lot of demand?

The MSI card won't get particularly loud. Its just not AS quiet as the gigabyte but still very quiet. Gigabyte 970's are built on the full 980 pcb, therefore increasing power delivery. Gigabyte just uses high quality parts and goes the extra mile to squeeze every drop of performance out of their cards. Not that the MSI will be any worse. The MSI is a fine card but Gigabyte is the creme de le creme.

I mean yes the GTX 970 is an awesome card, but with that system, I would slam a GTX 980 in it instead. If cost is a factor, then stick with a superclocked GTX 970.

Back
Top Bottom