Beast PC or Mac Pro

marty1111

Solid State Member
Hello all,

First off, Im not that computer techy...
To some of you this may be a easy choice but Im really struggling making my mind up.

I have £2700.00 to invest in a new computer. I currently use a mac book pro 2013.

Im a graphic designer, video editor.

Should i go for the new mac pro with the standard specs or should i go with the pc. the specs for the pc are attached. View attachment NEW COMPUTER.pdf

Please dont post biased comments.

PC.

But I would get Win 7 not win 8, win 7 still works better for graphics design / video ( I do graphics myself ).

To be honest I don't even know why this is a question, that pc will kick any macs ass ten times over lol.

If you had build a PC back in 2013 you wound't need to spend as much money as you need to do now. You would just have to upgrade your PC a bit. Don't make that mistake again for 2015. Built yourself a PC.

About win7 vs win 8. You can go ether way. You will get a free upgrade to windows 10 on both

Last edited:
Well what software do you use for graphics design? Are you big on Mac programs or do you use programs that can run on Windows? That will determine your choice basically.

Im pretty fluent in a lot of editing softwares.

I use final cut, premier, photoshop, cinema 4D, after effects etc..

I'll do my best to not be biased here...

For what reason are you selling the 2013 Macbook? At 2 years old I'd have personally thought there was still a lot of life left in it!

I'll be brutally honest with you, since you've been used to iOS, going back to Windows (as an interface) may be a bit of a letdown. Don't get me wrong, I'm sure the Windows PC would do everything you want it to, but you would have to get used to the OS again.

Windows "For" points:
Cheaper - You can get higher performance parts for the money
Modular - You can upgrade components later if you wish

Mac "For" points:
Less likely to get a virus
More likely to get support for products
More user friendly interface

If you choose to go the PC route, it will be worth consulting some of the guys on the forum, they might be able to help you get a better deal for your money.

Hi J,

Thanks for your reply.

Im not selling my mac.
Work is getting busier and busier and ive started to do ALOT of hardcore video editing 1080i/1080p stuff.
Im finding that my mac is starting to slow down and not keep up with things. Its driving me insane. One of the things i pride my services on is quick turn around.

I love everything about mac.
Style, ease, convenience, support but its a big change going back to PC.

Im just curious to see what people would do in this situation.

Honestly, Mac has it's good reputation in video/grafix editing. Never tried it, but I know for sure it uses the system resources more efficiently than x86 based computers (PC's).

Do more researches.

Mhm, well if your problem is relating to having multiple customers/clients at the same time, simply buying another Macbook could mean you spread the load, but I can't really see how much quicker a 2015 model will be over a 2013 one, the cost/benefit doesn't really make sense to me!

Back
Top Bottom