Can't connect to inter net

Trucky911

Solid State Member
September 2014
I have a 3 year old Acer Aspire 5740-5513. Windows 7. Visiting my wife at her new job in Kentucky I could connect to the wifi that her work (Hospital) lets her use but I could not get on the internet. It says "trouble loading page" for Fire Fox and Internet explorer. I Stayed at a Hampton Inn the first night there and the wifi and internet worked fine. Her computer works fine with the hospital wifi. I called Comcast and they said I need to talk to the hospital's server (AT&T). They told me to talk to Comcast or my DNS server. I'm back home and every thing is working fine. Any ideas whats going on?
TIA

January 2015
I was back in KY back in January at my wifes new place and it is still doing the same thing. She now has a differnt cable hook up. She is now with Inter Mountian Cable. I still can't conect to the internet. I am conected to her WIFI but it still comes up "page will not load" when I try to get on the internet. When I get back to Michigan every thing works. I'm stumped. Any one got any ideas? TIA....

Trucky911

Last edited:
I have my kindle with me this time and the internet works here in Ky. I am suspecting that that the internet does not work any where but home. I have not tried any other wifi. What would make the internet on my lap top only work at home? ....

Trucky911

Check and make sure where you connect is not PW protected. Example. At home wifi works fine. if I go to Mcdonalds, wifi connects right away but nothing works. You have to open chrome and first accept terms of use. Make sure you accept terms of use. Otherwise you might have some type of firewall or something preventing you from connecting to any NOT secured wifi.

Okay, go to the small TV looking icon next to the time and date at the bottom right corner. Left click on it, and left click on Open Network and Sharing Center. Give us a screenshot of that page after connecting to a network that gives no internet connection. Of course make sure that the network actually does have internet on it and it is open for public.

Edit:
Wait, you asked if something could be allowing the internet to work only in your home... That could be a proxy specific to your internet. Go first to Internet Explorer > the cog icon at the top right > Connections tab > Setting and LAN setting. Make sure those two don't have all options inside unchecked. Take records of the numbers in the boxes first. Now try IE first. If it works, try FF. If it does not work, go to Options > Network tab > Settings, and make sure "Use System Proxy Settings" checked.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies guys. Nothing is working to fix it. I'll be back in Michigan on Tuesday night and will report back....

Trucky911

Back
Top Bottom