PC Issue

I'm going to assume you're following along, but please ask any questions.

This screams video card/driver issue. Also could be baseboard drivers.

Press [Windows]+X and press M (Device Manager)

Do any of them show a yellow triangle? Under Display adapters, is your card listed or a generic display?

If so (and even if not), just go to AMD or NVIDIA and download the latest drivers. Power off the machine and unplug it. Press the power button a few times to ensure the capacitors drain and the RAM gets cleared. Plug it back in and power back up. Install the video drivers and reboot once again.

A System Restore might remove newly installed drivers, but it might not re-install the previous drivers. You typically have to perform a "Driver Roll-back" for that.

He would also be getting alerts that he may be a victim of counterfeiting.

Post Script (P.S.)

^ goes after (post) everything you have to say (script). But don't quote me ;)

Post Post Script (P.P.S.)
pwnd :invisibleflowers:

I've tried doing those things, but I'll try again. I'm not seeing any yellow triangles for display adapters. Do I need to post some screenshots of my PC's display?

Edit: Also, I cannot run certain things like Twitch and Spotify shuts off for no reason after a few minutes. I think this is worse than a video card issue.

Last edited:
Well THERE'S the culprit. Often times when things are wonky, an update, if available, will fix them. And 8.1 is a huge update and one that you REALLY should have had a llong time ago. All's well that ends well!

Well THERE'S the culprit. Often times when things are wonky, an update, if available, will fix them. And 8.1 is a huge update and one that you REALLY should have had a llong time ago. All's well that ends well!

Thank you and everyone else for your help.

Back
Top Bottom