First build

[quote name="jarlmaster" post=12161574]Power usage and heat output are important things Nikon.[/QUOTE]<br />
<br />
I know. Heat is not an issue with the new AMD's. I mean yeah the 8Core 4.7ghz AMD needs to be cooled a lot, it's also the fastest on the market. And it costs the same as the i5. But the AMD Fx series has got their heating problems quite under control. I should know, I switched from Intel systems to AMD 2 years ago. Before I got my water cooler 50c was the hottest it got on OC with the STOCK fan. That's really good. The 8Core is a monster, yes it takes power, again it's the most powerful on the market. It is more powerful than the i7Octa core. The extra power it takes vs the Intel i5 is literally $1 more a month. My computer costs $7-$9 to run a month. And I have a dual monitor setup. And it's running all the time daily. I can agree that Intel does beat AMD in the area that they are generally faster. I agree with that. But they are exactly like apple when it comes to being over priced. The price you pay for what you get is just way over board, You get an AMD that ranks a total score of 8.5vs an Intel that get's an 8.6, with the AMD "Value" score is 9.2, and the Intel scores a 6.8! ( AMD Fx6300 vs Intel i5 3570k )<br/>

For a 5g processor? I'm a little skeptical as to the heat handling ability of the evo.

Personally, if I would spend big bucks on a rig I'd go with AMD. As I believe I said before, I used to be all Intel too, I've been one their i5 line, and I went from that to building an all new rig, with a 6300 in it, and I like the performance i'm getting more from this AMD than the Intel's i've had. The 8350 would work perfectly fine with the Hyper 212 evo. It's even in the recommended list of purchases for that CPU :) Good luck on the purchase, I think you'll love it. And also, the Corsair H60i is a great way to start water cooling, and corsair has amazing anti leak warranties, if the cooler breaks something by leaking at all, corsair will fully replace every damaged part. But water cooling the Cpu would just be more for fancy, I overclock all the time and keep my Cpu on it's toes, so I wanted to be sure it says cold :D ( I push 4.0ghz ). I actually had to decide between the Hyper 212 evo or the H80i, I went with the H80i because I had coupons and gift cards bringing down the price to $45 I think.

Last edited:
Personally, if I would spend big bucks on a rig I'd go with AMD. As I believe I said before, I used to be all Intel too, I've been one their i5 line, and I went from that to building an all new rig, with a 6300 in it, and I like the performance i'm getting more from this AMD than the Intel's i've had. The 8350 would work perfectly fine with the Hyper 212 evo. It's even in the recommended list of purchases for that CPU :) Good luck on the purchase, I think you'll love it. And also, the Corsair H60i is a great way to start water cooling, and corsair has amazing anti leak warranties, if the cooler breaks something by leaking at all, corsair will fully replace every damaged part. But water cooling the Cpu would just be more for fancy, I overclock all the time and keep my Cpu on it's toes, so I wanted to be sure it says cold :D ( I push 4.0ghz ). I actually had to decide between the Hyper 212 evo or the H80i, I went with the H80i because I had coupons and gift cards bringing down the price to $45 I think.
Again you mention the liquid cooling with amd[emoji12] am I sensing a trend here lol. By your estimates I would have to go liquid with amd eventually? To match i5?

Again you mention the liquid cooling with amd[emoji12] am I sensing a trend here lol. By your estimates I would have to go liquid with amd eventually? To match i5?

No not at all. The Hyper 212 evo will do you perfect. I did not need this Liquid cooling. I got it because I could get it for cheap at the time. The only time I'd say you could possibly run into going with liquid cooling is with that Octa core 5.0Ghz boss CPU lol. But A it'll be quite some time before you get there, and B it's pretty cheap to get even a H80i. This is actually the first time I have had liquid cooling, and this is my 2nd AMD system. And when you buy the ultra AMD cpu, that will be matching one the top i7, not i5 ;) Just to recap, my 6300 is matching up against an i5. Gaming the i5 wins by a little bit, HOWEVER the 6300 is close by in gaming and beats in everything else. Thus making the better over all cpu in performance and value. Btw guys, I'm not purely going on states from sites or anything, I literally did a physical test between the 2 side by side, so I'm taking these numbers from what I experienced on top of research.

IF ( Only IF ) I had an Intel system, I would still have liquid cooling. That's just me. So my liquid cooling comments are not based off of the brand I use but just because I personally trust, and like it more.

Last edited:
GIGABYTE Motherboard GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX + SB950 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX - Newegg.com

This is a good mobo, but you won't have much room to get faster ram if you ever want to get say 2666mhz. This will handle up to 32gbs DDr3 1866 just fine, but you always have to make sure you stay by 1866.

This is basically what I have: http://www.amazon.com/M5A99FX-PRO-R...26646730&sr=8-3&keywords=asus+amd+motherboard

And I love it. This is it: https://500px.com/photo/97692699/custom-build-by-benjamin-holthaus?from=user_library

Well i am done arguing. Not a fan of all the puke Nikon throws on Intel.

But before i unsubscribe.
Intel is not overpriced and they come with a superior architecture. It's simply facts. And you are ignorant if you don't get it.
That's why AMD are cheaper. They have to be to stay relevant, and they are.
Here is a link to help you understand: AnandTech | Bench - CPU

The Intel CPU is 50-60 bucks more expensive, but it walk circles around the 8350 and it does it with less cores, power draw and heat output. You see why Intel architectures are better? You properly don't.

I am not saying AMD isn't relevant and you shouldn't buy AMD, It's just, don't trow money at the first and cheapest.
There are more to it than that little extra rendering performance you get per dollar. (ONLY because of the extra added cores)
And no, the FX-9590 is not even close to being the fastest on the market,. Where do you even get that??? it's soooo wrong.
That goes to the Haswell-E Xeons and I7-5xxx extremes.

As for you pidevildog07,
It's not a bad CPU, at all. You get a little more bang for the bug in some professional software and a little for de/compression as well.
I just needed to clear some misconceptions out.

Back
Top Bottom