Help with Firefox please

Actually, Chrome uses more RAM and runs many cpu stealing processes. It's also known to be one giant tracking cookie!

Regardless, if the OP changed to Chrome, he would probably still not know how to organize bookmarks and would be right back where he is now!

This is correct, If I remember correctly when you open a new tab Chrome makes a new process for it therefore using more resources..

Yeah, don't really want to have a browser pissing contest, I don't care what browser other people choose, but I just can't stand to see someone post stuff that isn't true.

@NikonGuy - You said I had incorrect facts so you should do some research on memory usage of browsers and you might get your eyes opened.

Just for sake of keeping this forum clean I'm not going to keep arguing on this, it's OT to the OP's question. I will say however, @ BK_123. Just because it starts a new process doesn't mean it's doing more. If FF does not start a new process but the one that is open is say ( Example 2mb ), and chrome starts a new one, but both are only 500kb, than chrome is still faster. More processes with less memory can be faster than less processes with more memory. Just sayin.

Last edited:
Guys, you're scaring the OP'er :D

Anyways, I'd click on "Unsorted Bookmark" then in the new window, I drag and drop all wanted book marks from there to "Bookmarks Minu". I believe highlighting multiples can drag and drop them all together.

Hi again folks, this morning I have gone into Bookmarks and have done a 'Sort by name' and all seems fine until I click on the icon again at the top right and they are not sorted. I would have thought that I might have been able to 'Save' the sort by Name process but there doesn't seem to be that option.

My 'Unsorted Bookmarks' is now empty and so I have managed to get them all together but, as I say, I can't seem to 'Save' the Sort by Name' process

Back
Top Bottom