Cynthia passed her driving test today!

I now bigger tires hurt low speed acceleration do to the extra needed force to rotate it but give higher top speed. It also gives wrong reading on the speedo.

That's just plain crazy. It's much smarter to simply order the car with the desired rear end you want OR change out the rear end, rather than change out the tranny.

No it's not. I'm a general mechanic but my specialty is automatic transmissions. :)

I worked in auto trans shops so my trans were free freshly rebuilt with a bonus like a shift kit. :D

It's still crazy, regardless of whether you got the tranny free or low cost.

It's similar to having a machine with a mobo/cpu/video setup you like with an hdd. You decide you want an ssd so you buy a machine with a mobo/cpu/video you don't like but that has an ssd. You then swap the mobo/cpu/video into the new machine to use with the ssd. It makes much more sense to simply change the hdd to an ssd.

I now bigger tires hurt low speed acceleration do to the extra needed force to rotate it but give higher top speed. It also gives wrong reading on the speedo.
It doesn't matter where you change the ratio, the result is the same. Changing the tires or the rear end effects the ratio of how many times the wheels turn vs how many times the driveshaft rotates. The speedo error is also introduced in either case and the speedo should be recalibrated when either the read end or tire sizes are changed.

Last edited:
Now that's the worst analogy I've ever heard. C'mon strollin, it's not hard to change trannys.

OK, if you say so. Don't need a different drive shaft, don't need different linkage, don't need to add vacuum lines or transmission cooling lines, don't need to remove the clutch, etc... All that and more vs changing out the rear end.

Last edited:
^^^^^:lol:^^^^^

Remember strollin, this is when I buy a standard shift car, not that I'm looking for one.

Now when it comes to an automatic shift car I put in a higher stall torque converter and a shift kit. :D

Last edited:
^^^^^:lol:^^^^^

Remember strollin, this is when I buy a standard shift car, not that I'm looking for one. ...
I can't be expected to remember something that wasn't said in the first place. The way you stated it originally was that you bought cars with manual trannys to get the rear end you wanted, then put an auto tranny in it.

It's like an argument every thread strollin is in lol. Guys lets stay to topic please... I'm sure all your d*cks are the same size, so no need to fight over it. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom